What's your occupation?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Just an ol retired farmer-rancher.    Let the young bucks do all the work.   I  smoke, garden, photography and travel a bit.    Raised cattle, wheat, milo , and other grains for a lot of years.  Even raised sheep for a few years,(but, I don't brag about them) LOL.

Conductor with Union Pacific Railroad in Kansas City currently.  Hope business picks up enough this year to use my engineers license.

Research and Development Technician / Implementation Coordinator for Ebonite International Inc. (worlds largest bowling ball manufacturer).

im a telco repairman/splicer/re-engineer/lineman at att if its broke i fix it, needing replaced i replace and splice it been there 18 years. also im a team member of our disaster recovery spec ops/ hazmat operations.

Last edited:
I'm curious to learn what y'all do to support this and your other hobbies.

(I did do a search for this topic, couldn't find any evidence that this subject has come up before; if it has point me in the right direction!)

Myself, I've worked for the same company for 27 years - a fossil fueled (coal) power generation station. Worked rotating shifts for most of those years as a control room operator. Last July I took the salaried position of Database Coordinator; straight days, weekends & holidays off.
I am a butt wiper

Basically retired, managed a hardware store the last few years. Working PT for a car dealer ship now, but planning to go back to hardware. Love working PT, more time to cook!

I retired after 20 yrs with AF ANG. 7 yrs Active Duty and the remainder in the traditional guard. During that time I hired on with the Sheriff's Office as a Deputy Sheriff. That was just under 15 years ago.

Used to work in insurance (political fundraising before that) now I work in B2B marketing as a salesman. In my free time if I'm not working I'm cooking, smoking or grilling you can find me deer or hog hunting or at a Texas Rangers game (between April and October that is!)

I was a steel fabricator for 25 years, needed a change 2 years ago and got a millwright position at the city owned water treatment plant. When I'm done there I sometimes have a few small jobs at my own small welding shop. I'm new to smoking, but eager to learn!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky