What's the deal with Pecan wood?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I think the culprit is creosote and bad wood. This was taken yesterday while smoking some salt. Notice the drip pan, lots of buildup in the corners. Ordered some pecan pellets from Jeff Bezos that come in non Saturday, we'll see then I suppose.
61049042287__C0B58904-31F0-47DF-97F9-0EBDE0449A56.jpeg

Seasoned pecan is a mild smoke. Sounds like maybe there was a problem with the combustion? We’re you running the exhaust ent wide open? I have heard similar stories when people tried running with the vent partially closed (Generally thinking they were “keeping heat in to raise temps”). However, what actually happens is excessive moisture builds up in the box, and imparts a bitter flavor onto the product.

So an update: I got a bag of pecan pellets and they are burning great in the MES! They smell delicious and can't wait to experiment. In the MES they produce great thin white/blue smoke

Reactions: TNJAKE
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky