Whats smokin' this weekend?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chisoxjim

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jul 25, 2007
I took last weekend off, and let the smokers, and my tastebuds take a rest. I did head into Chicago, and had some pulled pork quesadilla's at a buddy's restaurant, and a really great burger @ Kuma's Corner. Here is a pic of the Bongzilla - a 10 oz burger with a 1/4 lb. brat, smoked gouda, carmelized onions, and duseldorf mustard, and a side of jalapeno chutney. Probably one of the better things I have eaten all year.

This Sunday will be an all day smoke I believe. I am picking up some meat @ Peoria Meat Packing in Chicago. Planning to get a few boxes of Texas Hot links, probably have these for lunch while watching football, and either some BB ribs, or some spares. I am also hoping for some ABT's(cream cheese, shrimp, etc.) if the peppers look good at the market.

So whats on other folks menus?

That sandwich looks delicious!!! I am loading up my smoker with a 11lb turkey, two 2 1/2 lb tri tips, 24 abt, and a fatty. (also tying out my new fatty press) Doing a brisket today just to make sure my newly built smoker doesn't produce bad Q for some odd reason... Gonna be a good saturday, with a great BSU football game!!

sounds good jim,

tomorrow is an ingredient gathering mission, and a stop @ Toon's for lunch, but Sunday is all about BBQ. I have been craving some ribs after taking a week off(even Chilis ribs were starting to looking good on tv).
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif

I'll be doing 8 Boston Butts. We are having a BBQ at church. Going to start about 6am so I can have the meat ready to serve at approximately 4 - 5pm. Also doing a Fatty for breakfast and some smoked sausage for lunch. North florida weather. Low about 49 with a high about 75. Listen to the Gators on the radio. Go Gators!! It's going to be a great day!
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

I think I will be pulling out the from scratch corned beef and maybe smoking it into pastrami and enjoying every last piece.

Man that sandwich is something...I did my smoking today and yesterday. 2 butts 2 fatties 50lbs of venison bacon...sorta done for a day or 2. good luck to all u smokin tho

Bongzilla, I would order that just for the name, especially after a visit from the Bongzilla
tongue.gif

Looked like a great sammie.

This weekend I am smoking 2 chuckies, one for Italian beef one for, well I don't know-seasoned with chimichurri seasoning and gonna shred and eat, and probably do something else with it.
Also had a chicken in the fridge so I'm about to inject it with a solution of smoked chicken broth, sage, basil, pepper, thyme, garlic, Texas Petes hot sauce and butter.
Also have a pastrami curing in the fridge but won't be ready for over a week from now.

That burger of yours made my mouth water....wow what a great meal!

Getting ready to fire up the SnP and smoke a pastrami and the point for some burnt ends today. Tomorrow, who knows? I'll find something
tongue.gif

Pretty ordinary smoke this weekend-whole chicken, one rack of wings (family pack) ABT's and I am trying the recipe for stuffed fattie with the corned beef inside the poly tube. All I have is the tube, have to improvise to get the stuff out. Was thinking of a 1 3/4" dowel, the i.d. of the tube is 1 7/8." Using JD Hot sausage for the fattie.

If I can locate some Marlin at a reasonable price, I'd do some smoked marlin snack sticks. Right now its going for $8.00 a pound retail....sheesh!

got my menu set after a trip to Peoria Meatpacking. Im doing (1) 5# rack of spares that I will trim down, also allowing me to smoke the tips, and skirts. I got some fresh hot link sausages I will do as well as some jalapenos I will stuff with cream cheese & kilbasa. Ill start a new thread with more info on my great shopping trip, prep, cook time, and finished product.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky