What's growing in the garden this year?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

fire it up

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
Feb 24, 2009
South Jersey
So tis the season for gardening.
If you are planning on having a garden this year you are undoubtedly in full swing either caring for tender little seedlings or putting tomatoes and peppers in the ground.

This year I am trying something new, peanuts.
Never grew them before but they just broke ground today so this should be interesting.

I also have 35 tomatoes, 28 pepper plants, some squash, zucchini, spaghetti squash, chatrais melon, lemon cucumbers, sweet corn, popcorn, onions, garlic, lettuces, carrots, spinach, broccoli, cauliflower, string beans, limas and peas all going for this years garden. Also cilantro, basil, oregano, thyme, rosemary, chives and stevia in the herb garden.
I'll update on the varieties of tomatoes and peppers in a bit.

What's growing in your garden?

Ceyanne(4), Seranno(1), habenaro(1), jalapeno(2), and bell peppers(4). Tomatoes(8). Along with Onions, Zuccinni, Green Beans, Snap peas, onions, Lettuce, pumpkin.

Probably forgetting somthing...

Fire it up...

THATS A LOT OF TOMATOES!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think I could use all the peppers you're growing but the tomatoes, do you even come close to using/giving away that many.

Props to such a productive garden!!!

WOW! That's quite a variety that you've got going on there!

Unfortunately, I'm not somewhere that I can start a garden *yet*, but when I get some land I'm going to set up a building just for aeroponics.

I have a very small garden, but my potatoes are up, and my onions are growing great. I just planted the tomatoes, squash, peppers, and cucumbers. Fire it up, do you have any pics of that big old garden.

I'm trying some container gardening this year. I have 3 tomatoes, 2 jalapenos, 1 serrano, and an eggplant.

Everything is looking good so far. My tomato plants are loaded with young green tomatoes. I'm hoping my watchcat can keep the birds and squirrels run off enough for me to enjoy some of them.

Moles!
mad.gif

Now this is the first year that we are trying to grow anything cause we aren't the best thing that happened to the plant world. But we are trying some tomatoes, corn, peas, yellow squesh, leaks, green onions, some peppers of all kinds too. We will see what happens so I will keep you guys informed or I will probally need some help down the road.

It's just me and the wife now...The "Hired Hands" have all grown up and moved on so we have had to cut back on some things....Used to plant large corn patches, pea patches, watermelons, cantaloupes etc...Tired of fighting the deer and 'coons. We're down to 75 tomato plants..about 6 each of Cayenne, jalapeno, and cow horn peppers. A long row of yellow crookneck, a long row of Okra, and some pickling cucumbers. Started to set out a row of Sweet potatoes, but didn't .... Not a lot of variety, but enough to keep us busy.

I'm jealous of those who have the room for big garden!

We have 5 tomato plants, 3 cayenne, 1 jalapeno, 1 habenero, 1 Scotch bonnet,1 cherry pepper, 3 zucchini, 2 okra,

We also have a year round full herb garden with several sage, rosemary oregano, thyme plants

We will have to get bell peppers from work or other relatives this year..

living in a townhome condo, my garden is on the deck, 4 tomato plants, lavender, thyme, mint, parsley, basil, 3 pepper plants

12 tomato, several pepper varieties, carrots, lettuce, onions, Kentucky pole runner beans, summer squash, and 12 rows of sweet corn.
Our beagle, cats, and the barn owls do a pretty good job keeping the critters at bay.

Here is a pic of my little plot after tilling a few weeks ago.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky