What tool is this?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

yankee2bbq

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
May 7, 2017
Northern Arkansas-Banjo Land
Since it is too damn cold to do anything outside, I decided to clean-up and organize my tool chest/drawers.
What is this thing used for? Has the word MAC-SS-I-M written on it. One end is a magnet.

image.jpg
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 5
Reactions: JLeonard
Yep... I have several different sizes. Makes life better installing screws when you can't get your hands in some spots.

Reactions: yankee2bbq
Yup, screw holding driver. I have one of those. Only longer. I use these at work.
sk234.jpg

Though. Mine are made by Klein. I prefer these in my line of work. It'll protect me from getting a shock if I need to work on live circuits. I have shrink tubing on the chrome barrel.

Yup, slotted screw starter.
I have one that is about a foot long.

Yep... I have several different sizes. Makes life better installing screws when you can't get your hands in some spots.

Yup, screw holding driver. I have one of those. Only longer. I use these at work.
View attachment 685939
Though. Mine are made by Klein. I prefer these in my line of work. It'll protect me from getting a shock if I need to work on live circuits. I have shrink tubing on the chrome barrel.
You guys are on it!!! Didn’t even know something like this even existed!

Thanks guys for all your knowledge!!

I use these at work.
My Dad has an old set of " Electrician " screwdrivers . Had the black rubber handles and a coil stack with claws on the shaft that slid down to hold screws . My Uncle was a lineman . Maybe they're specific to that part of the trade .

My Dad has an old set of " Electrician " screwdrivers . Had the black rubber handles and a coil stack with claws on the shaft that slid down to hold screws . My Uncle was a lineman . Maybe they're specific to that part of the trade .
Could be. When I first started in the trade. I had a few of those. Though, I'm not a linemen. I wonder if I still have them in the garage somewhere.

As said it's a holding screwdriver. Great for starting screws in tight quarters. If you like the tool, don't try to tighten screws with it. They are not sturdy enough for that. Not even small screws.

Spring loaded screw starter. That one is for slotted and they also make one for phillips head screws. I have both out in my tool chest.

Yup! Have one with adjustable tension levels. Indispensable when panel building. And I wish a horrible death to those jokers that cut the wire ties at a 45-degree angle. Just waiting for a sparky to get cut while trouble shooting!!
I was actually talking about the "zip gun " that shoots a .22 short lol.
Learned how to make them in the big house 😂. Also learned how to make little rocks out of big rocks.

Keith

Spring loaded screw starter. That one is for slotted and they also make one for phillips head screws. I have both out in my tool chest.
I forgot to mention that you can launch a small screw into low earth orbit never to be seen again if you aren't careful with both loading and starting said screw.

• Haha
Reactions: Steve H
I forgot to mention that you can launch a small screw into low earth orbit never to be seen again if you aren't careful with both loading and starting said screw.
Murphy's third rule definitely applies here. "Small falling objects will change direction and momentum at will."

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky