electric skillet went T*ts up tonight

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

fxsales1959

Master of the Pit
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Dec 17, 2019
PembrokePines, FL
Mama decided BLT's was supper tonight. Since we rarely get tomatoes fer Sh*t down here.
We (I) haven't bought bacon at the store for about 4 years. She yanked out my vintage Westbend counter-top skillet and threw 10-12 pieces of bacon on it. "honey, the skillet is only hot on one end." Damn.... My parents bought this for me in 1983 as a college cooking gift. They just don't make them like this any more. So, who has a counter-top electric skillet they like? Googled the same intermixing skillet and griddle. Mixed Amazon results.
Sad saying goodbye to a relic. pics for attention, and the BLT's. PS: also need a toaster,

wb griddle small.jpg

blt small.jpg

Looks like a electric griddle instead of skillet, bought the son a Blackstone for Christmas last year, they love it, I have a Westbend made similar to yours that works well, I mostly use a single burner Blackstone 17" gridle. love using flat tops for a lot of different foods, waffle house has nothing on me lol

Looks like a electric griddle instead of skillet, bought the son a Blackstone for Christmas last year, they love it, I have a Westbend made similar to yours that works well, I mostly use a single burner Blackstone 17" gridle. love using flat tops for a lot of different foods, waffle house has nothing on me lol
We have a 22" BS on the patio and a 17" in the camper. Mama likes the twistey temp electric, and you know what they say. Mostly used for french toast and mass bacon cooks for BLT's.

Reactions: JLeonard
Good looking BLTs and yep.....Thats a classic griddle. The ones today dont match the quality of the classic.

Jim

Reactions: Steve H
I still have my grandmother's square electric skillet. That amazingly enough the electrical cord is still pristine. Remember watchin her cook chicken after church and hearing her say. Get your head back before you get burned. Also learned you need to salt your chicken before church.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky