• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

What are some good things to smoke and freeze for easy meals

SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SmokingUPnorth

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Dec 7, 2017
My wife is due any day now with our 3rd (first son finally haha) and I’m looking for some ideas of stuff to smoke tomorrow that I can vacuum seal and freeze for some quick and easy meals after the little guy gets here. I have plenty of pulled pork and tomorrow planning on some ribs and maybe a pork loin. Any other recommendations or tips on freezing those to reheat for meals?

Gecko10

Smoke Blower
Jun 8, 2020
We do a lot of turkey. Remove the meat from the bones and freeze it. Then we make turkey broth from the carcuss.

Colin1230

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jan 18, 2021
Pulled pork for sammich's, tacos and chili.
Meatballs for Italian dishes.
Smoked chicken or turkey with egg noodles and mashed potatoes.

daspyknows

Master of the Pit
Jun 9, 2020
Pulled pork which you already have. Can use it easily in many dishes. Chicken legs or thighs. Buy a case, brine, smoke and freeze.

and congrats in advance.

mike243

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Feb 25, 2018
Thick slice some Baloney and smoke it , hard to beat it on a sandwich

MJB05615

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
May 12, 2018
Congrats on your Son! We vac seal Brisket (I add some Au Jus to the bag before I seal it, (thanks to ChefJimmy J's suggestion) Roast Beef, same way. Pork loin did a few times but was dry, even with some juice .
Turkey too.

Wurstmeister

Smoking Fanatic
Mar 21, 2018
Congratulations on the boy! Keep things simple - stay with beef, chicken, pork, even fish, have fun and rethink their use. Of course, when in doubt find a web site - 101 Easy Freezer Meals for New Moms (thrivinghomeblog.com) BTW - You are going to be a proud father and post pictures of your meals and you new family member, right? 🍻
Some Ideas:
  1. Baked pizza meatballs crescent rolls/frozen curly fires baked in a muffin pan,
  2. Pulled pork or chicken pizza (premade dough),
  3. Omelets with meat on the side or in the omelet,
  4. Pulled brisket/pork or chicken nachos,
  5. Smoked chicken salad,
  6. Brisket goulash over pasta or rice,
  7. Egg rolls with the meats.

pineywoods

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
OTBS Admin
Group Lead
Mar 22, 2008
Congrats
As was said meatloaf great warmed up also great sandwiches
Chicken for going in a tossed salad, pulled for sandwiches, makes great chicken and yellow rice
Chuck roast for pulled beef, tacos

shaneyb72

Smoke Blower
SMF Premier Member
Jan 11, 2014
Honestly, I have yet to find something that doesn’t freeze well. If I fire up the smoker, I fill the smoker! I then vac pac it all and freeze it in 2-4 person portions. I’ve done ribs, brisket, Turkey breast, chicken pieces, pork loin, pulled pork, stuffed peppers, fatties, etc...

bill1

Master of the Pit
Apr 25, 2015
chicken thighs (they wrap tightly and well with simple plastic wrap for freezing...they thaw well after months that way)
bratwursts (makes a great sandwich--lots of variety possible too, esp with condiments)

Congrats on the new arrival!

Inscrutable

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Apr 4, 2019
Ditto on the above, and add double smoked spiral sliced ham to the list. I usually get a half-dozen vacpacks ... some slices for sandwiches or plated with easy nuked sweet potato and steamed veggies; some diced for green eggs and ham, omelette, and casseroles; bone and pieces for ham and bean soup.
And Congrats!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
Clicky