• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Weekend butt

SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

myownidaho

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Nov 27, 2016
The wife said she was jonesing for a pulled pork sandwich, Carolina style. I don't know what happened to that woman but I approve.

SSPOG, into the smoker. I was late getting this in, so I'm going to have to cook it at a higher temp so we can eat before midnight. Probably 275.

I'm out of hickory, so I'm using pecan and cherry today.

Last edited:

crankybuzzard

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jan 4, 2014
Pecan and cherry? On a butt? YES! Both are great to smoke pork with!

Looking forward to the finish.

ab canuck

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Nov 20, 2016
Yummmm I'll be watching...... 
drool.gif

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 22, 2009
Great start!

Al

myownidaho

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Nov 27, 2016
Thanks, guys! Five hours in and I hit the stall at 180. I think I'll be okay. Three more hours should be plenty of time and that gives me an hour rest as well.

b-one

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Aug 31, 2014
I love cherry/pecan it's what I use most. If I had a plane I would have to parachute in for dinner,lucky for you I don't.:biggrin:

hardcookin

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Aug 13, 2015
Thanks, guys! Five hours in and I hit the stall at 180. I think I'll be okay. Three more hours should be plenty of time and that gives me an hour rest as well.

3 more hours should be plenty of time... Watch it be one of them stubborn butts. :biggrin:
I like smoking pork & chicken with cherry.

myownidaho

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Nov 27, 2016
3 more hours should be plenty of time... Watch it be one of them stubborn butts. :biggrin:
I like smoking pork & chicken with cherry.

Middle of the butt registers 198, the solid muscle in the front is 185. I'll give it to 190 and then into the foil for a rest.

pc farmer

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Feb 17, 2013
I bet she is.   Looks grreat.

griz400

Master of the Pit
Mar 27, 2016
Very nicely done... the bark is real nice... i am barkin like a dog here ... points for sure ... can tell you have done this cause the slaw on the sammich .... 

ab canuck

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Nov 20, 2016
Looks great, Nice job on that and everyone is happy. Point.... 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Top Bottom
Clicky