We started talking about egg nogg today

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

scotty

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Aug 28, 2007
Lecanto Florida
Soooo naturally I did some research.

I copied 3 recipes but the third one seems best.

Anny ideas or comments on this subject

When making eggnog with this recipe, it is most important that you brew with love. I'm sure that was what made it taste so good.
Ingredients
6 Eggs, Separated
1/2 c Super fine sugar
1/4 tsp Salt
2 ts Vanilla
2 c Brandy
1 c Milk
2 c Whipping cream
Nutmeg
How to make Homemade Brandy Egg Nog
Beat egg yolks, 1/4 cup sugar, nutmeg, salt and vanilla together with rotary beater or electric mixer until very thick and light yellow.
Slowly beat in brandy and milk. Cover and chill overnight.
Shortly before serving, beat egg whites to soft peaks.
Gradually beat in remaining 1/4 cup sugar with same beater, beat cream to soft peaks. Fold meringue into beaten cream. Then slowly pour on chilled brandy mixture folding in gently.
16 servings

What is Christmas without all the wonderful scents and warmth of Christmas goodies? Follow these links to discover a wonderful array of holiday treats that you can make and share with friends and family:
Ingredients
6 Egg yolks
1 teaspoon Vanilla
ground Nutmeg
1/4 cup Sugar
1/4 teaspoon Salt
2 cups Milk
1 cup Whipping Cream
1/2 cup Light Rum
6 Egg whites
1/2 cup Bourbon Whiskey
1/4 cup Sugar
How to make Rum Egg Nog
In a small mixer bowl beat egg yolks till blended. Gradually add 1/4 cup sugar, beating at high speed till thick and lemon colored. Stir in milk, stir in rum, bourbon, vanilla, and salt. Chill thoroughly. Whip cream. Wash beaters well. In a large mixer bowl beat egg whites till soft peaks form. Gradually add remaining 1/4 cup sugar, beating to stiff peaks. Fold yolk mixture and whipped cream into egg whites. Serve immediately. Sprinkle nutmeg over each serving. Serve in a punch bowl or another big bowl. NOTE: For a nonalcoholic eggnog, prepare Eggnog as above, except omit the bourbon and rum and increase the milk to 3 cups.

Great for the Holidays! Recipe below makes about 6 quarts of a delightful drink.
1 dozen large eggs
1 quart of heavy whipping cream
2 quarts of milk
1 pound of 10x confectionary sugar
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1 gallon empty container (say, an empty plastic milk container)
1 ½ gallon empty container
1. Separate eggs into egg whites and egg yolks into 2 bowls
2. Whip egg whites until stiff (easier if 1 cup of 10x sugar is added first before whipping)
3. Whip heavy cream until stiff (easier if 1 cup of 10x sugar is added first before
whipping) in a separate bowl
4. Pour whipped egg whites, whipped cream and 2 quarts of milk (any kind of milk will
do) into a VERY LARGE bowl and mix thoroughly
5. Add remaining sugar, egg yolks, and vanilla extract into Large Bowl and mix
thoroughly, again.
Now comes the “good stuff”. You can add whatever “spirits” you like to the above mix if you
wish to have Yuletide Egg Nog, or just leave plain as is for the kids, or add the spirits in a
single serving as desired. Plain Mixture will keep good for about 5-6 days in refrigerator,
longer if spirits were used. You can also add nutmeg or cinnamon as a topping if you like the
taste of these spices.
Takes about 1 hour from start to finish (including cleaning up the bowls, utensils etc). And you
will need at least a one gallon container plus a half gallon container to put the mixture into
when done mixing. Shake jug thoroughly before pouring a drink – EACH and EVERY Time.
Very fattening but delicious!

my mom used to do recipe #3 every year & added 1/8cup bacardi anejo & 1/8 cup bacardi 151 per 2 quarts to the recipe & the dog got hold of a cup 1 year- hilarious... the dog was a lush... stumbling,bumbling, & begging from everyone after that until she was snoring under the tree...

Sounds like a winner
eek.gif

My saliva started running when we were discussing the parks group thanksgiving dinner.
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif

Then Rocky was bragging about some egg nogg that was sold in pensylvania.

I just had to find a recipe.

MMMMMMMMMMMMMM BUBBA cant you just taste the sweet creamy nogg sliding into your tummy. SLURP SLURP GULP

My wife makes this every year I think it's the third recipe or at least thats pretty close to it, when she serves it in our big crystal punch bowl she floats a half gallon chunk of Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla ice cream in the bowl. The ice cream melts into the eggnog and keeps the whole thing cold all evening. Talk about gilding the Lilly.
Jimbo

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky