Wanting to get my Husband a "kit" for Brewing his own beer....

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
yahoo.gif
  I hope he enjoys it as much as I have enjoyed the "sneaky surprise" of this gift to him!  Crossing fingers he enjoys it!  If not....by golly I will do it!

2 huge boxes arrived at the Quilt Shop yesterday.  Ohhhh...the excite is building.  Can't wait!  Sigh....but I have to!

Sweet! Check out youtube for some videos of extract brewing, There are a bunch of videos showing you the steps so you have a good idea of the process. Also let me know if you want some recipe's, I have a bunch, from blond ales to double IPA's, belgians, stouts and everything inbetween. But I would start with a pale ale type beer like a Sierra Nevada clone as your first as they have a little more wiggle room flavor wise and are pretty easy until you get your system dialed in. Have Fun!!

That sounds awesome! Had to pick one from the list....I picked the Amber or Autumn Ale. Wanna do the Irish Red. Time to play....soon.:yahoo:

Get him "Brewing Classic Styles" by Jamil Zainasheff for a stocking stuffer. Every recipe is a championship winner and has recipes for extract and all grain brewing. I've made hundreds of batches of beer and his recipes are winners. Also, I have gotten away from glass carboys and only use Better Bottles. If you ever break a glass carboy you will understand why. Hope he enjoys it.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky