Expat living in the Philippines. I moved here 18 months ago. New to smoking meat. Northern Luzon

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Mr Cecil

Original poster
Jul 29, 2023
Good sausages, hams, lunch meat are hard to come by.
I started curing and cooking my own deli ham. They have turned pretty good. It's time to get into smoking meat.

Finding a quality smoker here is next to impossible unless you want to speed $1000 usd for a $300 smoker. The next option is to build one.
I found this design on the net. I will use a 6" stainless pipe to connect the firebox to the smoker. My in-laws make coconut charcoal. I am having wood chips sent from America.
With the typhoons here I can get all the fruit tree branches I want. The different varieties of wood will have to be tested

I would appreciate any suggestions and tips. I also do home brewing and distilling. A man needs to have hobbies.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230621_094559_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20230621_094559_Google.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 11
Good sausages, hams, lunch meat are hard to come by.
I started curing and cooking my own deli ham. They have turned pretty good. It's time to get into smoking meat.

Finding a quality smoker here is next to impossible unless you want to speed $1000 usd for a $300 smoker. The next option is to build one.
I found this design on the net. I will use a 6" stainless pipe to connect the firebox to the smoker. My in-laws make coconut charcoal. I am having wood chips sent from America.
With the typhoons here I can get all the fruit tree branches I want. The different varieties of wood will have to be tested

I would appreciate any suggestions and tips. I also do home brewing and distilling. A man needs to have hobbies.
This looks so good!

This looks so good!
I have spent the last day reading the forums. If I had build my smoker everything would have been wrong. I found the calculators ran the numbers found the corrections I needed to make I the design. This is why we research every little detail

Reactions: JLeonard and leedcn
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky