Wagyu.. is it worth it?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
$15 per pound Wagyu Hot Dogs are a joke and just creative marketing.
If you have to ask, " Is it worth it? " You probably can't afford it and with low and slow cooking, feeding your family multiple choice briskets is likely money better spent. However, if you have an extra $200 bucks, go for it!
Choice is tastier and more tender than Select. Prime better than Choice and $200 a pound Kobe beef in Japan is better than any meat on the planet! It's all about what you can afford and still pay your bills...JJ

Being able to afford it is not an issue. I’m simply asking if there is really that much difference.

If money is not an issue get some ultra premium Wagyu A5-12...Completely different than Angus Prime...Kind of like a stick of Beef Butter with flecks of meat...Just don't tell your Cardiologist what you had for supper...JJ

Reactions: Kade
No.

Do I look like I'm stupid?
Why would I pay such big bucks for fat?

$100 a pound. Are you out of your mind?
Costco Wagyu.

and to top it off..... THAT is not Rib Eye.

Heck, that isn't even Rib at all.... that is boneless loin!
7xrN0J0.jpg

you’re gonna get a lot of opinions on this. “Is it worth it” is a pretty subjective question, based on how much disposable income you have. I bought a 15lb A5 packer from Kagoshima perfecture and won’t tell you what I paid but it was a lot for a piece of meat. However for me it’s a once in a lifetime cook, and I can afford it. I don’t tell others they’re crazy for spending big money on the things they like/enjoy so IMO it’s a bit out of line for others to tell you what to spend your hard earned money on. I say if you can afford it have at it, it doesn’t taste like anything you’ve had before and an experience you won’t soon forget.

I think that it is definitely worth the investment! I know that it is super rare, but this is the main reason why you should start this business. In the beginning I was not very well informed about their breeding conditions, but I knew I wanted to deal with it. This is just the most creamy and the softest meat ever. Anyway, in order to obtain a high quality meat, I've followed these main principles thejapaneseway.com. Basically, they rely on creating a pleasant environment for the cows and keep them away from stress. This occupation brings me a lot of pleasure, so I don't regret that I've made this decision!

Last edited:
If one has the dough to spend it is a worthwhile use. I did a Wagyu brisket and it was like nothing else. Will do it again for a special occasion.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky