• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
@ tallbm tallbm

Are there more for sale at this price? If so where, I've been shopping them as well, and that is a great deal.
Thank you.
Dan
Sending you a msg directly, they have 4 left lol

We had a vitamix many years ago & the motor failed while still under warranty, so they sent us a new one. That one failed just after the warranty. So we have a nutri-bullet RX, and 2- Ninga’s.
Al

Reactions: tallbm
I bought one many years ago when my wife was diagnosed with colon cancer (all gone via surgery) so that she could modify her diet. Wonderful machine. Ours is many years old and has the narrow base jar. I understand they now have a unit with a wider jar base. We have never had a problem with ours - no jamming or anything. I am not sure what the wider jar base benefits would be but feel like Vita Mix would not have them if they were not an improvement. Get a Vita Mix and enjoy!

Reactions: jcam222
We had a vitamix many years ago & the motor failed while still under warranty, so they sent us a new one. That one failed just after the warranty. So we have a nutri-bullet RX, and 2- Ninga’s.
Al
That sucks they wore out on you. Glad you have some working replacements :D

I bought one many years ago when my wife was diagnosed with colon cancer (all gone via surgery) so that she could modify her diet. Wonderful machine. Ours is many years old and has the narrow base jar. I understand they now have a unit with a wider jar base. We have never had a problem with ours - no jamming or anything. I am not sure what the wider jar base benefits would be but feel like Vita Mix would not have them if they were not an improvement. Get a Vita Mix and enjoy!
Glad your wife beat that nasty stuff!
Also glad to hear yours is working well.

Just got a notice that mine should arrive tomorrow hahaha. That was fast!

Probably too late to influence your decision, but we've had our Vitamix for a couple of years, and use it 2-3 times a week. It cranks up to a ridiculous speed, and the sauces (and smoothies) come out very, very smooth. Makes a great chimichurri, by the way. I would recommend it.

Probably too late to influence your decision, but we've had our Vitamix for a couple of years, and use it 2-3 times a week. It cranks up to a ridiculous speed, and the sauces (and smoothies) come out very, very smooth. Makes a great chimichurri, by the way. I would recommend it.
Hi there and welcome! Thanks for the feedback.

Fedex notification says I should receive it today so I imagine I might be using it tomorrow. Based on your feedback and others, I think I'll have a good experience. I just now need to score me some amazing and cannable hatch/green chili sauce and salsa recipes so I can take advantage of the peppers being around :)

Fedex notification says I should receive it today so I imagine I might be using it tomorrow. Based on your feedback and others, I think I'll have a good experience. I just now need to score me some amazing and cannable hatch/green chili sauce and salsa recipes so I can take advantage of the peppers being around :)

And your opinion on the vita mix is?

And your opinion on the vita mix is?
Haven't put it to use other than water and soap to clean it hahaha.

I kinda got overloaded with busy stuff so maybe next week I'll get to mess with it.
I smoked 2 briskets last night. I have 10 pounds of pork belly curing for bacon to smoke over the weekend.
I have a 19 pound turkey defrosting that will get cured up and smoked maybe the following weekend....

I'll have to fit using the Vitamix in there at some point or maybe after all that... but hatch chilis may be at the end of their run here. So much to do all of a sudden, and no time hahahaha!

Reactions: noboundaries
So used my Vitamix a few days ago to make some really good Green Chili Sauce (Hatch chiles to be exact).
I have to say the sauce came out AMAZING.

Something interesting which I know better but didn't think of at the time. The sauce was like "ok" to good tasting 15 min after I made it and was eating it with pork rinds (yep pork rinds to dip instead of chips, low carbn it).

Now 1-2 days later OMG the flavors had completely melded and WOW!

I combined a couple of salsa recipes I had gathered along with my salsa making knowledge and put the vitamix to go hardcore to make a sauce instead of a salsa (smooth and creamy texture vs chunky or bits of veggie texture).
Vitamix worked like a charm. I could have gone further and made it even smoother but was good with what it was lol.

I made a batch with the Hot Hatch chiles and a batch with the Mild hatch chiles. I bought a case of each and the store roasted them... a case is like 17-20 pounds of chiles. I should have asked before I bought lol.

I have a lot of roasted chiles vac sealed and in the freezer now so lots of green chile dishes coming up in my future and maybe even a sausage... maybe. I'll get around to posting the recipe the next time I slap it together.

For now that is all to report. Thanks! :D

Glad to hear you like the Vitamix. I sure love mine. Did you notice if you blend long enough it darn near cooks it too?

Glad to hear you like the Vitamix. I sure love mine. Did you notice if you blend long enough it darn near cooks it too?
I read about that and saw a video on it. I didn't go that far with it. I did initially get one little puff of steam but didn't want to cook the sauce, just wanted to make it into a sauce so I then did it in bursts after that BUT it was basically done at that point anyhow :D

The vitamix is pretty spectacular as blender. One of the first foods my wife made when we got the vitamix was a squash soup and it was steaming hot and delicious.
I bet!
I might have to make a hatch chili soup since I have so many of the damn things now lol :D

You made a good choice. Had my first Vitamix for 15 years. Sold it to buy another one with the low profile jar about 10 years ago. Great mixers.

This thread got me to buy an extra pitcher with blade for my NinjaChef just in case while I could still find one. That thing is a beast. They quit making it for some stupid reason. The only thing I don't like is you can't remove the blade from the pitcher. Its all one piece. Going to be a sad day if this thing ever dies.

I don't like cooked veggies, but I need the nutrition and fiber. Eating eaw veggies gets old quickly. And I'm not a fan of veggie smoothies. But, a powerful blender came to the veggie rescue because my favorite way to eat veggies is in a creamy soup. The Vitamix (and my Blendtec) are strong enough to make an easy, quick. flavorful cream soup that won't separate even when put in the fridge. Most are great cold, too.

2 servings, roughly 200 cals/serving

Soup base:
4 cups hot veggies cooked tender on the stove top or nuked in the mw. Fresh veggies work great, but so do older veggies, or frozen veggies, even ones that do not look edible in the bag (ice coated veggies)
1-2 Tbs any fat (butter, EVOO, etc)
1 Tbs Better than Bouillon Chicken Base, or any of the flavors that would complement the veggie used.
4-6 oz lite coconut milk (about 1/2 can) (does not taste like coconut but gives a creamy texture)
2-3 cups boiling water.

Optional additions depending on veggie used:
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 clove garlic
1/2 tsp minced ginger
Black pepper to taste
1/4 tsp of a baking spice (cinnamon, cloves, etc)

Toss ingredients in the jar and blend on high for 90 sec to 2 mins.

Tonight we had cream of carrot soup. I've used broccoli, cauliflower, and all three mentioned together. Corn works, as do potatoes (white or sweet). I've never tried mushrooms, but my wife has recently decided she likes them, so I might try a cream of mushroom soup following my recipe above.

Just an option for veggie haters who have a Vitamix (or Blendtec), like me.

Ray

Last edited:
You made a good choice. Had my first Vitamix for 15 years. Sold it to buy another one with the low profile jar about 10 years ago. Great mixers.
Thats awesome, thanks for the info. I'm looking for mine to last 15 years lol.

This thread got me to buy an extra pitcher with blade for my NinjaChef just in case while I could still find one. That thing is a beast. They quit making it for some stupid reason. The only thing I don't like is you can't remove the blade from the pitcher. Its all one piece. Going to be a sad day if this thing ever dies.
Good planning man! Keep it going as long as you can. Nothing like a good appliance lasting a long while.

I don't like cooked veggies, but I need the nutrition and fiber. Eating eaw veggies gets old quickly. And I'm not a fan of veggie smoothies. But, a powerful blender came to the veggie rescue because my favorite way to eat veggies is in a creamy soup. The Vitamix (and my Blendtec) are strong enough to make an easy, quick. flavorful cream soup that won't separate even when put in the fridge. Most are great cold, too.

2 servings, roughly 200 cals/serving

Soup base:
4 cups hot veggies cooked tender on the stove top or nuked in the mw. Fresh veggies work great, but so do older veggies, or frozen veggies, even ones that do not look edible in the bag (ice coated veggies)
1-2 Tbs any fat (butter, EVOO, etc)
1 Tbs Better than Bouillon Chicken Base, or any of the flavors that would complement the veggie used.
4-6 oz lite coconut milk (about 1/2 can) (does not taste like coconut but gives a creamy texture)
2-3 cups boiling water.

Optional additions depending on veggie used:
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 clove garlic
1/2 tsp minced ginger
Black pepper to taste
1/4 tsp of a baking spice (cinnamon, cloves, etc)

Toss ingredients in the jar and blend on high for 90 sec to 2 mins.

Tonight we had cream of carrot soup. I've used broccoli, cauliflower, and all three mentioned together. Corn works, as do potatoes (white or sweet). I've never tried mushrooms, but my wife has recently decided she likes them, so I might try a cream of mushroom soup following my recipe above.

Just an option for veggie haters who have a Vitamix (or Blendtec), like me.

Ray
That sounds completely awesome! I have so many Hatch peppers I may have to do this making a hatch chili soup. I have a bunch of coconut milk on hand as well! Thanks for sharing this :D

Reactions: noboundaries
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky