Velveting Meat

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
These have been sitting 3-1/2 hours so far. Getting ready to go on the grill by abou t 4 hours. They look good

Attachments

• IMG_1940.jpeg
    IMG_1940.jpeg
    275.2 KB · Views: 11
The meat was good. I think I like the flavor better rinsed, but it’s not really needed. There is a subtle but strange flavor, must be the soda, but it’s not an off flavor, just something different. Anyways I made the tacos topped with Curtido and avocado, shells were fresh fried.

IMG_1943.jpeg

IMG_1944.jpeg

They were darn good.

would this technique bee good for whole, boneless, skinless chicken thighs? I am planning on making N nlife Tuscan chicken tonight. Not sure this is the right type of meal for that?

would this technique bee good for whole, boneless, skinless chicken thighs? I am planning on making N nlife Tuscan chicken tonight. Not sure this is the right type of meal for that?
Sure it will work, it’s just a tenderizing step. It is an extra step though so that’s your call. If you do, I would dust them with baking soda, rub around to get good coverage and let them rest 30 minutes or so then rinse and pat dry. It will give the chicken a little softer texture.

I added just a dash of soda to the hog innards I stuffed last night. I will say this, I know very little about stuffing sausage and hog casings in general but I had zero problems loading onto the horn. This strand of guts did a full 8lbs of sausage (and I had zero blow outs - maybe luck, maybe soda....) and I had 3 feet of gut left over. I would say that after I figured out how to load it onto the horn (I was afraid of tearing the darn thing getting it started) actually sliding it on took maybe a minute, going as fast as I possibly could. This was my second time putting casings onto a horn and this time it was a million times easier. I looked like that Chud guy or the 2 Guys and a Cooler guy on youtube - professional grade lol

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky