Two Butts and a pool party

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tag0401

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Apr 5, 2018
Elgin SC
0B7A0844-9562-4AE6-8DFE-5A73D52C6903.jpeg 37EAE891-C508-4259-95FC-BABA2CC3AD3E.jpeg good Saturday morning to you all. Got up around 430 this morning and started these two butts for a pool party this evening. Bought some Bad Byron’s Butt rub last night only to find it had been opened luckily I had something in the cabinet to use. Maybe this is a sign to start trying to make my own rub.

Adam

Reactions: Central PA Cowboy
Very cool. As far as the rub goes, try making your own. I found a highly rated run online and tweaked it a couple times and still do. It's great to find something you like and it's even better when you're the creator of it.

Reactions: tag0401
There is just something magical with the interaction of the smells of smoking meat, chlorine, and tanning lotion... Enjoy your smoke!

I favor injecting over rubs but focus on TBS and temps. No rub makes up for a poor smoke. Jeff's rub is a little hot but an excellent starting point to develop your own.

Reactions: tag0401
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky