tried a different forum

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

got14u

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Oct 12, 2008
WYOMING
boy was i wrong......

i tried a different forum just to pass time and boy i didn't get the family feeling like you do here...anybody else do the same...keep up on posting to others "post" and be open minded on what ya see is all i gotta say. this is the only smoking/bbq site i will frequent thats for sure.
PDT_Armataz_01_36.gif

I subscribe to a couple of more regional bbq sites near where I live, but this one is by far the best. The reason this one is the best is because of the observance of the rules and the quick response by the hard working mods when someone strays from the straight and narrow. It keeps out the Riff-Raff. Present company excepted. You can just call me Riff..
wink.gif

Yes actually I did. Went to the smoke ring last month, stop in every now and then. I dont know if it because I am used to this forum or what, but this is so much better. Pretty much everything one would need to know right here
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

times 2 thats the place i was looking at....epic fail

I've visited a few others in the past without joining, but SMF is a mountain of a data base that is hard to match. Besides all that, I like the company.

glad to hear you come over here...it is unlike me to post something like that but it just cuaght me on 1 of those days.....this place is awsome...we have had our growing pains but i looked else where and nothing compares so sit back relax and take in anything u know...anbd everyone here respects everyone for sure.

I participate in a few different forums. Each has it's own ebb and flow. It's all good. I see lots of names here that I see on other forums. Nothing wrong with belonging to more than one group IMO.

totally agree..just didn't get the warm fuzzies from that particular 1....no biggy

Yeah, some I don't like either... I just look at it as the more information I can collect, use and share, the better for all.

I surfed them all for several months before joining here, I belong to one other bbq forum but its only got 400 and some members and has pretty much zero action, more like a good old boys club when compaired to a knowledge based forum like this one. I didn't really like how TSR was set up and I didn't get that family feeling you folks got going here so I never joined it. If we had a local forum I would join it but this is the place I want to be. My wife asked me on monday if the computer was not working as she had not seen me on it a week or more, didn't want to admit I didn't have anyone to play with :D

I look at a lot of different sites to gain knowledge about smoking and grilling. If you don't go to different sites and keep your head buried in the same sand pile what are you going to learn? Get out and explore the other sites you can always learn.

Got that right brother.!

Its a free world with lots of info available. If you only look in one place, you will only find what that place has to offer. There is alot to offer here, but there is much more out there too.

And yes, ( back to the original question) I did have fun at other places while this site was down. They all have their own feel. Some I like as much or better, some not as much.;)

I just layed low in waiting, didn't feel the need to go anywhere else...you folks here just give me the little extra bit I need...sharing good smokes, insight, and great laughs...I want nothing more from a smoking forum...I just had to wait for it all to start coming back together, and here we are!

Eric

Because of the serious withdrawls I was having, I surfed a little, but nothing out there like SMF. I belong to one forum only, and its good enough for me!

Ya there just isn't another smokin forum that I like. Or have found yet. I do like finding or seeking out more knowledge. that is for sure. I always say there is more to learn ALWAYS. just like the feel of this site. and man am i glad it is back on line.

I checked out a few of them, lurked on a few, found one with lots of potential that i will go back to, but there is a lot of knowledge here, and thats hard to beat.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky