too chilly for ribs?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

netspyder

Meat Mopper
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Dec 18, 2022
Collinsville, IL
hoo-whee it's brisk out there this morning. 36 degrees too cold to smoke meat? i think not! smoking meats is a year round activity in this house!

i stopped by a local bbq store and picked up some glaze... and wanted to try it out...
PXL_20231111_132730265.jpg

so, fire up the pit! on we go with some ribs. i think i'll have enough room to throw a chicken on in a little bit... as soon as i go buy a chicken...
PXL_20231111_132657553.jpg

We're year round here, but it just doesn't get that cold. I had a dream last night that I smoked some spares...

well, one of the birds came off and was delicious - the skin didn't crisp up, but i expected that at 250*, and i guess i could've slathered some butter on it to help that out but didn't. it was kinda an afterthought anyway - tide me over until the real food is ready. all wrapped up.

now the question is - do i do one with my new glaze and the other with jalapeno jelly i made from my garden, or leave the second naked?

PXL_20231111_183621455.jpg

I am sure there was a little room on the grill for a couple sausages. lol

That all looks great.
And the ribs perfect, like said above the Rib Candy glaze sounds great.
I will have to try my Jalapeno jelly as a glaze also When its only me eating :emoji_yum: :emoji_yum: :emoji_sunglasses:

David

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky