Tonights dinner, Coney Dogs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

KBFlyer

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Mar 7, 2018
Ontario Canada
Had a craving for a coney dog today so I followed this recipe for the sauce. Not mine but fast and easy to make.
Used my hot dogs I made here:
And my home made hot dog buns here:

They were pretty good but not what I am used to for the suace. We have a few really good conely places in town and these did not measure up to their sauces.
20240305_172952.jpg
20240305_173035.jpg
20240305_173130.jpg

It looks good from here. There are a ton of variations for hot dog sauces out there. From Coney, and Michigan to Red hot. Find one you like and build off that. Here's one I make and like, although I still tweak it whenever I make it.

Point for sure
Chris

Reactions: chopsaw and KBFlyer
Busch in Canada? That's the swill I drink down here in GA. Surprised you're not having a Blue or a Canadian.
Those dogs look amazing. And fresh homemade buns. Just damn!

Reactions: KBFlyer
Busch in Canada? That's the swill I drink down here in GA. Surprised you're not having a Blue or a Canadian.
Those dogs look amazing. And fresh homemade buns. Just damn!
Used to drink labatts Crystal all the time until they started saying they were going to stop making it which they never did just cut regoins they sell it in. Busch is also brewed by Labatt.
First introduced in 1955, Busch is brewed, fermented and aged to create a smooth, refreshing taste at 4.7% alcohol by volume. Busch is an American-style lager, brewed in Canada with the Anheuser-Busch tradition of excellence.

Looks really good to me! I'm lazy though. I usually just take our home-made chili. And mash it up a bit to break up the beans.

Mckellar confectionery opened in 1926. He had a arm that could hold 5-6 hotdogs at once and dressed them to perfection. Best coney dogs in my hometown ever.
screenshot-mckellarconfectionery.ca-2024.03.06-17_46_32.png

Mckellar confectionery opened in 1926. He had an arm that could hold 5-6 hotdogs at once and dressed them to perfection. Best coney dogs in my hometown ever. View attachment 690783
Big Hot Dog fan. Vienna beef is, obviously at the fore nationally, but Koegels makes a far better wiener. In Flint, MI where the coney was ostensibly invented, it’s Koegels and Beef Heart based coney sauce. The flavor is so deep, it’s almost worth going to Flint to get one😎

Had a craving for a coney dog today so I followed this recipe for the sauce. Not mine but fast and easy to make.
Used my hot dogs I made here:
And my home made hot dog buns here:

They were pretty good but not what I am used to for the suace. We have a few really good conely places in town and these did not measure up to their sauces.
View attachment 690666View attachment 690667View attachment 690668
I feel so lazy... we eat a lot of chili dogs with inflation and all. I just buy hormel chili without beans and add a scoop of chili powder and onion powder and a dizzle of ACV. and by the way mama bought a new variety of hot dogs that were awesome (as hot dogs go) they were Ball Park, grillmaster beef. larger than most, good bite on the skin, and got real black in the air fryer

I feel so lazy... we eat a lot of chili dogs with inflation and all. I just buy hormel chili without beans and add a scoop of chili powder and onion powder and a dizzle of ACV. and by the way mama bought a new variety of hot dogs that were awesome (as hot dogs go) they were Ball Park, grillmaster beef. larger than most, good bite on the skin, and got real black in the air fryer
If inflation is hurting your butt as it is for most people then bulk buying kraft dinners and dogs is the way to go. Did that through two of my divorces. I'm still standing LOL

• Haha
Reactions: fxsales1959
Would love a chili dog, but HBP says no hot dogs until I make my own
If inflation is hurting your butt as it is for most people then bulk buying kraft dinners and dogs is the way to go. Did that through two of my divorces. I'm still standing LOL
That brought back college memories of 10 for a $1 boxed mac-n-cheese.
Add bacon or a hotdog if there was any jingle left.
Got burned out on that quickly so got a better job that paid better so I could eat better and afford to hit the bars now and then.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky