Toms angry grinder build, heavy build view!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Looks-Great.gif

Got a chance to check out the auger tonight, and it looks pretty awesome, this is definitley the way to go, turning the end of the auger to a round rather than a taper. The only trouble is that improved accuracy has highlighted a slight misalignment problem. Preliminary measurements indicate that I need to take .120" off of the grinder feet to get it lined up right. I could raise the motor and drive that amount , but that's a little more work than just grinding a little off the feet.
na5u5u9y.jpg

This is what she looks like now, the non tapered shaft ensures a square alignment of the coupler on the shaft
7e8u6agy.jpg

He made a dent for one of the two set screws to ride in, like mister omack suggested and you can see where the first attempt chewed up the flat.
avuqezyr.jpg

He also cut a keyway into it so that we aren't relying on the set screw to hold the torque back.
anery9a9.jpg
this is a shot of the other side partially slid on. I am really happy with how this turned out, just have a little work to get it realigned now. As far as extending the horn, I may look into the PVC thing, especially because I have access to the hot boxes for bending it. Would just be a matter of making a pusher.
huzuqahy.jpg
some of the goodness this thing turned out this weekend.
Many thanks Jeff

Tom

Finished realigning it today, and it sits better than ever now. I had to grind .0905" from the rear feet and now it looks happy.
u3aheny9.jpg

Added a little touch so I never need to hunt for an Allen wrench
yguhu4y6.jpg
abeje4y4.jpg

Many thanks Jeff

Tom

We use those same couplers at work.. on up to 100hp motors and gear boxes... talk about fun getting them aligned... looks like you got yours dead on... looking good

You said you have a machinist friend that helped you out. Do you have a fabricating friend that can build you a pan to sit on top of it now?? Great job. I always wanted to find a small professional grinder from a grocery store or something. Now I see I don't need to. I too have a hand crank grinder that I haven't used in a while. Very inspiring!!!

Been kicking an idea around about making a fiberglass throat, no real need for a pan on top though. the hole that you drop the meat in is large enough that its not too inconvenient to reach for the meat. A longer throat would make it possible to force feed meat into it for a second grind.

Many thanks Jeff

Tom

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky