• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Todays Smoke using Jeff's rub for the First time

SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

vince

StickBurners
SMF Premier Member
Jun 14, 2008
Today i will be doing a sirloin tip roast and some pork spare ribs, This will be the first time I use Jeff's rub.

bbq bubba

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Feb 12, 2007
I must say, that does not look like the rub i have seen before, usually very red, did you make adjustments?

vince

StickBurners
SMF Premier Member
Jun 14, 2008
I better go and check, I don't think I mised anything, LOL

abelman

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jul 14, 2007
Looks like it just might be on the light side, more or a sprinkle than a "rub". Don't be afraid to use a good dose of it.

vince

StickBurners
SMF Premier Member
Jun 14, 2008
My paprika not red but more of a brown color. so with the brown suger it's looks more brown

vince

StickBurners
SMF Premier Member
Jun 14, 2008
I think your right and will put more on

vince

StickBurners
SMF Premier Member
Jun 14, 2008
I have to admit I'm having a rough time today, it's raining and breezy and hard to keep my temp up, other then that it's been fun .

cowgirl

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Oct 2, 2007
It looks good to me so far Vince, can't wait to see the outcome.

bassman

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Dec 15, 2007
I had some paprika that turned brown and stunk up the whole house!

vince

StickBurners
SMF Premier Member
Jun 14, 2008
The rub was great, but the problem with the rain and keeping my temp up created problems, I didn't take ant finish pictures, I may take some of whats left today. In the end I think I over cooked it, I will say the rub is really good.

The 4th is coming up and I will do it again.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Top Bottom
Clicky