time for smoking boneless ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ristau5741

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Nov 14, 2013
I've got 3 half racks of boneless ribs, I'm wondering how long they should take say ~235F
I'm guessing about 2-3 hours, as they are boneless, fairly small, and not very thick.

That sounds about right to me although not an expert by any means. If it were me, I'd time it so that I would give myself 3 to 3.5 hours to cook (just in case-you never know what can come up, weather, etc.) then that way if they are done sooner you can hold them until ready to eat.

I concur. I buy full racks of spare ribs and trim to St. Louis style. I then remove the bones and cartilage from what I trimmed. All goes in to the smoker at 225-235 and in about 2 hours, we are snaking on the boneless pork...JJ

Sounds about right. That is if they are in fact "Ribs" and not really CSR's. But in that case I would give you different answers if the were shoulder cut or loin cut.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky