Thursday Morning Butt

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BGKYSmoker

Nepas OTBS #242
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Dec 25, 2010
Rineyville, KY
Doing a small butt this morning on the OK Joe Bronco.

Rub with Starnes and BBBR.
IMG_4048.JPG

Hickory wood smoking.
IMG_4050.JPG

Looking good! Whats that off to the side? Some trimmings that will be a mid cook snack?

Jim

Nice. I'm still kicking around the idea of buying one of those broncos.

Ok now

IT is 176* and I'm going to foil wrap. Put back on drum open the vent and bring the temp up to 325.
bp160.JPG

It when I pulled foiled butt from drum was 203*
Now keep it wrapped and put a towel around it and rest it for an hour.

Unwrap I took the fat cap off.
okjpp6.jpg

Pulled the blade bone.
okjpp7.jpg

Then into the mixer with the paddle.
I aint going to use 2 forks again :emoji_astonished: My wife said give it a finer paddle job...Ok
I did a slight re season with the BBBR and put it on the tray.
okjpp8.jpg

okjpp9.jpg

Splashed a tad more Starnes in it and put in container.
okjpp10.jpg

I made 2 sammich for me put some Hunters Pride on. (made in Guyton, GA)
Now eats it.

okjpp11.jpg

THE END :emoji_laughing::emoji_blush:

Now that looks great and I love that Hunters! We buy it by the gallon and they're 20 min from the house. Mighty good folks and products!

Keith

Now that looks great and I love that Hunters! We buy it by the gallon and they're 20 min from the house. Mighty good folks and products!

Keith
I do the same, get both reg and hot gallons. I get in Pooler at Piggly. When we lived in Savannah I could only get at the Pig and Food Lion. I miss the Savannah area.

Reactions: 912smoker
Oh man, that looks good, Rick. That little Broncos does a nice job!

I do the same, get both reg and hot gallons. I get in Pooler at Piggly. When we lived in Savannah I could only get at the Pig and Food Lion. I miss the Savannah area.
I hear ya! All bottled here in Statesboro at Braswell Foods.
Let me know if you run out and need a shipment!

Keith

Reactions: BGKYSmoker
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky