Three Turkeys At Once

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I'm not into the electric boogaloo, but I think I'd do one whole turkey for presentation purposes. Then cook/smoke up three or four turkey breasts for the rest of the meat. I think it'd be easier on you, and you'd get to enjoy the holiday with your family/friends.

Chris

Reactions: TNJAKE and chopsaw
If I cook the whole turkey a day ahead how to I keep it and reheat it?

I'm not into the electric boogaloo, but I think I'd do one whole turkey for presentation purposes. Then cook/smoke up three or four turkey breasts for the rest of the meat. I think it'd be easier on you, and you'd get to enjoy the holiday with your family/friends.
Exactly . Must be a 1960 model year thing .

Reactions: gmc2003
Looks like I may be a day late here, but I agree completely with what was said above. I also don't do the electric thing, but have smoked turkeys most years for the past 15 years or so. Have also run 3 hotel turkeys at once, one year, but, that was a total of like 25#. Considering the size of the turkeys you are cooking, and as much as I like low and slow like everyone else here, the one thing I didn't notice in your post was the temp you expect to smoke them at. My recommendation, is to run them hot & fast, at about 325-350. Cuts down on the cook time, and crisps up the skin. If you run them under 300, from my experience, you'll see rubbery skin, which from what I'm told, isn't that pleasant. (I don't eat the skin, it's a wrapping for the good stuff inside)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky