This weekends rib cook

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Ngof15

Original poster
May 2, 2020
Hey guys I smoked some baby backs last weekend and just getting around to posting.

Just good ole central Texas faithful salt and pepper rub Smoked with all mesquite for 4 hours at about 300 and wrapped them for the last hour until tender

they came out really good IMO as far as flavor and tenderness. Clean Bites that didn’t just slide right off the bone, although I do like em like that too. My family loved them.

1 thing I noticed was it had a really distinct pink color on the inner meat when I looked at the left overs. Im guessing I must have got some really deep smoke penetration and I’m not really sure if that’s good or not I feel like I kept a pretty clean fire the whole time but please let me know if that’s a sign of bad smoke so I can fix it next time. Posting some pics.
9297167A-08C3-4459-B96E-E8D0408CDB60.jpeg
40824793-78AB-403A-A338-3E41B847657C.jpeg
44B29D7A-8C87-48F3-8C1D-52051578269B.jpeg
13A22991-3B0B-417A-8F81-519770A70D3B.jpeg

Looks great.

Smoke ring is actually caused by combustion gasses, not smoke, so all is good. As long as it wasn't bitter or taste oversmoked, no worries.

Looks pretty doggone good to me...Like!

As for smoke penetration or smoke rings or...whatever - who cares - taste is king.

Looks good to me! If you'd have had a lot of bad smoke you'd have known it, tastes like licking a dirty ashtray. RAY

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky