This just ain't right. . .

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Dutch

Smoking Guru
Original poster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
OTBS Admin
Group Lead
Jul 7, 2005
Midvale, UT
Somethings just ought to be held sacred-like good ol' BBQ. This is just sooo wrong. . . A relative of mine sent me the link along with the message that I eat too much meat.
icon_evil.gif
Oh yeah?? sez who?!!!

Vegan Ribs
http://www.vegfamily.com/vegan-recip...vegan-ribs.htm

(insert puking smiley here)

Somebody wanna shoot me now and put me out of my misery???

Anybody ???

Please???

Sigh-

PDT_Armataz_01_40.gif
firing squad aimed and ready

That's just wrong! We have canine teeth for a reason and it ain't for bitting off pieces of kombu seaweed. Not that there's anything wrong with that
icon_smile.gif

Why is it that people who don't believe in eating meat, try to make phony crap to taste like meat?
PDT_Armataz_01_27.gif

That looks like a perty good recipe!

Fer catfish bait!

By the way, I'm startin a new organization, PETV People fer the ethical treatment of vegetables, there alive, they er carbon based life forms. Just ain't right ta harm em! Don't drink the water nieter, got them amiba thins in it. Man kind is now doomed, thank you very much!

Whered I put my stick a sausage?

Seriously... if you don't want to eat meat, then don't eat meat. But don't try to drag others down with you, while you yourself try to make a halfassed attempt at replacing what you obviously miss about being normal.

No joke,

Scientist have been studying the communication plants have with each other

Scientists at Kyoto University in Japan let spider mites loose on lima-bean plants and tracked the plants' responses. They found five different defense mechanisms. First, each injured plant released a chemical that changed its flavor, making it less attractive to the mites. Then the plants released other chemicals that drifted away. Other lima bean plants received the chemical and immediately begin giving off the same chemicals, making themselves less tasty and warning still more lima bean plants, before the mites even reached them.

Most amazingly, some of the released chemicals had the effect of summoning a whole new batch of mites--mites that, rather than eating lima bean plants, preferred to eat the spider mites attacking the lima bean plants.

The Japanese researchers even found that the plants could distinguish between insect damage and crushing damage. They crushed some leaves and stems and found that although the injured plants released chemicals, the surrounding plants ignored them, somehow recognizing no real danger existed. (It appears that substances in the attacking insects' saliva are required to trigger the anti-insect chemical response in the plant.)

Other examples from agriculture are also known. Corn under attack from armyworms, for instance, puts out a chemical signal that attracts a predatory wasp. The wasp lays its eggs inside the armyworm; when they hatch, the wasp larva eat the armyworm.
And a study released last week shows that this kind of signaling exists not only in agricultural situations and in labs, but in the wild--which means it is likely widespread throughout the plant kingdom.

Researchers from the Max Planck Institute for Chemical Ecology in Jena, Germany, discovered that when a species of wild tobacco plant that grows in the southwestern United States is damaged by hornworms (the larva of the hawkmoth) it releases chemicals that attract predatory insects that kill the larva.

scubadoo-just make sure them rifles are loaded with them there sausage bullets. . .I'll try and have the rolls ready when they let loose.
biggrin.gif

Darrin-that's the pukin' smiley I was thinking of. Thank you!

Spot on

I try not to get weak minded into some arguements with the Vegans and not all of them are nuts but I have met a few that are definatly suffering from a lack of animal fat during early brain development.

That is OK because it means more meat for me
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

"Serves four"?

"Serves four hundred" is more like it, with plenty of leftovers to take to work tomorrow if you dare!

Exactly, if they are so "into" the vegan thing, stick with vegetables that don't pretend to be something meat. And quit fooling themselves. We have to eat, eating plants to "spare animals" just takes food from them. I really like the ones that will eat eggs, but not "meat". To them I say, "you didn't even give that animal a chance". Ultimate hypocrisy.

How about people who have to have a picture to enjoy talking about BBQ? Seems a bit freakish to me...

Yes, I'm bitter. Does it show? <g>

Seriously, if it tastes good, who cares? And frankly, if someone has decided to go that route, who am I to interfere or to judge? I'll leave it to *them* to be judgmental.

Well, there go any chances of getting more "points", but that's never been much of a goal...

ps, I make a killer vegetarian chili, even though I'm not a vegetarian. If you weren't paying attention, you might even mistake it for the real thing. I'm not kidding. You'd be amazed how closely bulgar wheat can mimic ground beef if the chili is seasoned properly.

pps, I'm sure I'm going to regret this after the liquor wears off...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky