Thanks to Kieth, Indaswamp, for his Remoulade recipe

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Looks delicious to me! With all this talk of po boys I can see them in my future. Sadly no fresh shrimp except those right off the boat in the freezer section!

Ryan
Hey Ryan,
Thanks for your comment and the like.

I can see where the sauce would be perfect for shrimp. I will definitely try it again, just as soon as the local guys here start catching shrimp.

What a unique. And delicious looking dish. I wouldn't have thought of this on pasta either. Saved for reference. I have a idea now!
Hi Steve, Thanks for your comment and like.

Based on the uses for the sauce that Kieth posted, It sounds like it's more of a cold dish sauce, but I really liked it in the pasta.

Let us know what you come up with.

Reactions: Steve H
OP, while you are correct about rice in cajun/creole cuisine there is also an Italian influence in S. Louisiana. No doubt you've heard of Jambalaya but there is also a dish known as Pastalaya, so pasta is not foreign to the area.

If anything is cringe worthy I'd say it's the Krab, but then again, I can't justify the cost of the real stuff very often.

Last edited:
OP, while you are correct about rice in cajun/creole cuisine there is also an Italian influence in S. Louisiana. No doubt you've heard of Jambalaya but there is also a dish known as Pastalaya, so pasta is not foreign to the area.

If anything is cringe worthy I'd say it's the Krab, but then again, I can't justify the cost of the real stuff very often.
Hi Joe,

Thanks for your comments. I wasn't aware of an Italian influence in Louisiana. Learn something everyday.

After reading Kieth's list of "normal" uses for the sauce, I suspect that my greatest error may have been using it in a hot, or at least warm dish. I have since used it as a dip with cool "dippers" and can see where it would shine with shrimp salad, or as a dressing on salad, or as a sandwich spread. All that being said; this dish turned out very good. Good enough that I made it again yesterday.

I realize that my recipe would have benefited from real crab but I wasn't going to make a "first try" of an unknown recipe with expensive ingredients. I would have rather used fresh shrimp but they aren't being caught, quite yet, here in eastern NC.

I will make the sauce again and use it on shrimp, once they come in.

Reactions: Brokenhandle
I used the last of my remoulade sauce as a dip for some of the celery that I bought to make the sauce.

It was like a completely different sauce. I will try it with other cold items but I like it more in this use than my pasta dish.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky