T-Bones for a wintery mess

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

JCAP

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Jun 12, 2019
Allentown, PA
Howdy all,
Today was quite a mess weather wise. Just a few inches of snow but accompanied by rain...a little preview of the wallop of snow were supposed to get on Wednesday.

We belong to a farm CSA share and they offer these 12 lbs assorted meat boxes. We’ve recently bought a few and now our small freezer is packed. So why not fire up the grill?! I used the vortex on my SNS kettle and did two T-bones. Simple salt and pepper seasoning tonight. Paired them with honey roasted rosemary carrots and mashed taters.

I probably could have pulled the steak a tad earlier but it was still a great meal. Thanks for looking all!

E5EF5ED3-E01C-4792-9405-A86E70A686D7.jpeg C9282EFC-5963-4321-BBE4-0DCBCCA6A144.jpeg B65D4DE3-D9D7-46B6-BA74-CDD43CF9CC79.jpeg C5318EC4-9533-4303-967A-511B5B432D77.jpeg 71371635-1667-4BE0-8BF8-991B1AA6E4AA.jpeg

Looks like an awesome meal

Reactions: JCAP
I’ve been thinking about a vortex for searing, those steaks look pretty dang good. I also really like the carrot idea sweet ams robust flavor there for roots!

Those steaks look great. Actually, that is the degree of doneness I prefer. And the marbling in the uncooked steaks looks perfect.

Looks great to me, meat doesn't have to be raw or burnt to be great imo, ymmv

I'm with the others, those steaks have some very nice marbling! I bet they were delicious! I have not done honey clazed carrots in forever....i need to get on that. Love them! Nice plate for sure!

Looking great!

I have discovered I need to surf this site only after I have eaten. Otherwise I am immediately hungry. And your plate is a prime of that trigger. LOL

Looks great JCAP JCAP . Nice char on the Steaks, and done like we like 'em. Those carrots sound good too. Nice work. Stay safe.

Gotta love that Vortex. It comes in handy on so many meals. Excellent looking steaks.

Point for sure
Chris

Thanks for the likes and comments all.

Gotta love that Vortex. It comes in handy on so many meals. Excellent looking steaks.

Point for sure
Chris

The vortex might be one of my favorite accessories. It's awesome!

I'm with the others, those steaks have some very nice marbling! I bet they were delicious! I have not done honey clazed carrots in forever....i need to get on that. Love them! Nice plate for sure!

They did have good marbling. Honey glazed carrots are a staple here- we love them with some rosemary or other herbs thrown over top.

Reactions: Sowsage
Nice piece of work on those T-bones JCAP, Like! About every time I try to use the Vortex for searing the meat ends up just a tad more cooked than I want, lamb chops especially have to be watched like a hawk. I've pretty much gone back to the old fashioned three minutes a side direct over coals on the bottom grill, I believe a little better control that way. RAY

That's a great looking meal! Be happy to make a plate of that disappear.

Ryan

Can't argue with the rest very nice. I over shot my beef wellington on Sunday but noone complained,
Richie

Awesome looking steaks!
T-bones & porterhouse are really a good food choice if you can get them at a bargain!
Al

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky