• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

SV—48 Hour Tender Beef Dinos (Like Buttah!)

SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
SV—48 Hour Tender Beef Dinos (Like Buttah!)

I decided to see how Beef Dinos come out with the same Long Time SV treatment I’ve been giving Chuckies. (48 Hours)
So I had 4 pairs of Ribs all vac sealed, but I didn’t want to fight with my Sous Vide Supreme, so I decided to only do two packages at a time.
This would also give me two fresh meals, right off the Grill.
Since I wanted to pull the meat off the bones, I set my SV @ 160°, and put 2 Packs in.
Then almost 48 hours later, I lit my Grill to get it preheated, so I could finish these on the Grill.
However at 48 hours, when I pulled my Ribs out of my SV, I realized there was no way I could put these on the Grill.
It was all I could do to get them to the Paper Towels for drying, without them falling apart.
So I pulled them out, & put them on towels, and immediately put the other 2 packs into the SV for their 48 hour ride @ 160°.
Then I separated the Meat from the Bones, and we plated some Awesome meat, along with Green Beans & Mashed Tater with Brown Gravy that was assisted by the liquid from the SV bags. This Meat just melted in our mouths, and Mrs Bear Loved it!!

Then for a couple days the Sammies were Awesome!!

And then after the second pair spent their 48 hour SV swim, they came out & the whole thing started all over again. SEE PICS & Captions Below:

Thanks for stopping by,

Bear

Four Ribs in two Packs going into my Sous Vide Supreme:
IMG_5449 2.jpg

Here's a better look at them ready to go in:
IMG_5472 2.jpg

48 hours later, the 2 on the left came out & the 2 on the right went into my Sous Vide:
IMG_5473 2.jpg

Here's the second 2 packs going in:
IMG_5474.jpg

First ones out, falling off the bones:
IMG_5475.jpg

Clean Bones on top of some of the Meat, from the first batch:
IMG_5476.jpg

Awesome Pile of Tender Beef Dino Meat, from the first two pairs:
IMG_5477.jpg

Bear's first helping:
IMG_5479.jpg

Chopping up some meat for a Sammy:
IMG_5481.jpg

Heating Meat for a Sammy:
IMG_5483.jpg

Piling Meat into a roll, with Jeff's BBQ Sauce: (Sorry I had the Shakes)
IMG_5484.jpg

Gotta Melt some Cheese on top:
IMG_5485.jpg

Ah, Boy---Nothing like it:
IMG_5486.jpg

From the Second Batch:
IMG_5487.jpg

Bones came out clean:
IMG_5488.jpg

More Sammy Meat:
IMG_5489.jpg

Some of Jeff's BBQ Sauce on the Roll:
IMG_5490.jpg

A nice Pile of Rib Meat:
IMG_5492.jpg

Another night---Time for a Big Loaded Dino Meat Sammy with Jeff's BBQ Sauce & some Frank's Hot Sauce:
IMG_5493.jpg

What A Sammy!!!
IMG_5494.jpg

sawhorseray

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Oct 17, 2014
Boy howdy Bear, that's a fine piece of work, Like! Looks like you went thru just about a whole roasts worth of dino bones on the those cooks, bet it was yummy! RAY

checkdude

Smoking Fanatic
SMF Premier Member
Jan 1, 2016
That looks awesome! Got my sous vide couple of months ago and have only used it once with less than stellar results. You are getting fantastic results so there is hope for me yet.

Brokenhandle

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Nov 9, 2019
Great looking meals Bear! Was definitely tender... but you would make a dog sad that way, no meat at all left on those bones!

Ryan

TNJAKE

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Nov 26, 2019
Looks good bear. Crazy how clean those bones are.

chopsaw

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Dec 14, 2013
Looks good ! Love the sandwich . Used my SV a lot since it's been so hot . Got a beef knuckle going in today for a long ride .
Nice work .

tx smoker

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Apr 14, 2013
Wow Bear!! If I was facing a sammie like that I'd be shaking too...in anticipation of what's to come. As always sir, excellent job and a great write up.

Robert

gary s

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
OTBS Member
Jan 6, 2011
Looks Good. Those are really fall off the bone, Great use of the leftovers

Gary

smokerjim

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jan 14, 2014
That looks amazing Bear, they must of been crazy good.

MJB05615

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
May 12, 2018
Looks excellent Bear! Can't get more tender than that. I can almost taste them. WOW.

Nice. Thanks for sharing.

Mike

Bearcarver

OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Boy howdy Bear, that's a fine piece of work, Like! Looks like you went thru just about a whole roasts worth of dino bones on the those cooks, bet it was yummy! RAY

Thank You Ray!!
I got them from the 2 Choice 10 pounders I got last Christmas, that I turned into 10 Steaks & 2 5 pound Prime Ribs.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

That looks awesome! Got my sous vide couple of months ago and have only used it once with less than stellar results. You are getting fantastic results so there is hope for me yet.

Thank You Dude!!
Check my Step by Steps, below.
I have a whole section of SV Step by Steps, with all info included.

Bear

jcam222

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 13, 2017
Looks great Bear. The pic of the meat all juicy and apart on the plate is amazing. I just picked up a bunch of short ribs. I may have to save a few to try with my SV.

one eyed jack

Master of the Pit
Oct 11, 2014
Those are some great looking sandwiches John.

I just took some short ribs out the freezer, was going to smoke them but your post has me thinking I might try your method.

How long do you think that they should be in the SV, to leave a little time for a grilling?

pc farmer

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Feb 17, 2013
Looks great Bear. I need to break out my SV again.

Bearcarver

OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Great looking meals Bear! Was definitely tender... but you would make a dog sad that way, no meat at all left on those bones!

Ryan

Thank You Ryan!!
LOL---Yup---They were pretty clean.

Bear

Those are some great looking sandwiches John.

I just took some short ribs out the freezer, was going to smoke them but your post has me thinking I might try your method.

How long do you think that they should be in the SV, to leave a little time for a grilling?

Thank You Jack!!
I would think about 30 to 36 hours should make them hold together for grilling, depending on how much meat is on them.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Bearcarver

OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Looks good bear. Crazy how clean those bones are.

Thank You Jake!!
Yup---We don't give Smokey any Table Scraps (Kitty).

Bear

Looks good ! Love the sandwich . Used my SV a lot since it's been so hot . Got a beef knuckle going in today for a long ride .
Nice work .

Thank You Rich!!
Yup--Those Sammies were Awesome, with Jeff's BBQ Sauce!!

Bear

Bearcarver

OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Wow Bear!! If I was facing a sammie like that I'd be shaking too...in anticipation of what's to come. As always sir, excellent job and a great write up.

Robert

Thank You Robert!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Looks like some darn tender eating there.

Thank You Rider!!
Oh Yeah--Mighty Tender!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
Clicky