Summer Sausage Stall

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

nichiowa

Original poster
Jul 25, 2013
Albuquerque, NM
i have had some dilemmas in between, but long story short, I have 8 52mm logs that have stalled and will not rise above 122 IT. Oven is @ 180, verified IT and oven temps with second thermometers. What are some problems that I am missing?

N, You did have temp issues (your earlier post) so it hasn't been 24 hours of decent temps. You say all temps are correct so IMHO I would ride it out the temps will climb.You are doing it in an oven so maybe the moisture has has a hard time leaving the product.I did do some SS in an oven and it was about 18 -20 hours to reach an IT of 152. So your temp issue brings you into that time frame. Don't crank up the heat or you will get fat out resulting in a less desirable SS.

Ok, I appreciate it. Understood on the temps (I am glad you knew the info from the other post as well). I will ride it out. Thank you.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky