Stuffed Pork Tenderloin 2 ways

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Is the low IT of 125 just because the Center that your measuring is actually the filling and not the meat? That seems such a low temperature for pork. I’m eager to smoke some tenderloins now!!

They look great!!

Is the low IT of 125 just because the Center that your measuring is actually the filling and not the meat? That seems such a low temperature for pork. I’m eager to smoke some tenderloins now!!

They look great!!
Sorry, fat fingered that one. I ran them up to a IT of 225 then increased the heat to crisp the bacon.

Smoke ON!

- Jason

That sounds odd there. You sure the 'IT' was 225? Maybe smoker temp at 225º and IT to 125º followed by bumping smoker to high for crisping the bacon and taking the IT to say maybe 140'ish?

That sounds odd there. You sure the 'IT' was 225? Maybe smoker temp at 225º and IT to 125º followed by bumping smoker to high for crisping the bacon and taking the IT to say maybe 140'ish?

Yes, sorry....when the IT was 125, I bumped the smoker up to 350 to crisp the bacon. I pulled the pork off at 145 and let it rest for 15 minutes.

- Jason

Haha now we’re getting somewhere! I read that IT of 225 and thought “well there’s also people who think a well done steak is good, so whatever you like”. Haha.

I might have to try this except I have a Masterbuilt so I won’t be able to turn it up that high for the finish on the bacon. Maybe I’ll toss it on the grill to crisp it!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky