Storms in Iowa

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ba_loko

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
May 11, 2007
Broken Arrow, OK
Are you guys okay up there? I see where there has been bad weather up on the north end. Walkin' Dude.......are you still alive? How about the rest of ya? I know we've got several of our friends here from up that way.

So far it's East of most of us Iowans.....WD was in the path of one of the thunderstorms....last time I saw the radar....everything is tracking N.E.......iadubber is only Iowegian I can think of that is in the path........
PDT_Armataz_01_05.gif

Hope everybody weathers this storm easily.......
cool.gif

L8r,
Eric

Thanks for thinkin of us, BA_LoKo......we may be on the northern edge of "Tornado alley"......but, we still get some whoppers!!.......
wink.gif

Will be fine...........I hope......

L8r,
Eric

Commin my way, should be here after midnight. I think we'll be fine, but the folks down south of us had grapefruit sized hail! Thats crazy!
PDT_Armataz_01_05.gif

Welcome summer, I guess!

We were on the very southern edge of the storm that hit Parkersburg. Think they are 45 miles east of here!!!!! That town is just devestated.

Going to stay up for a while yet, keep an eye on the radar.

power flickered abit............lost satt. for bout 2 hours, but not broadband.......

seems to have calmed down..........buzz was done for most of the day, he just called and said he made it home to nevada okay...........LOTS of wind........but nothing like what tot was talking bout...........pakersburg got hit bad, some deaths i beleive...........heading n.e., so you boy in mich, better buckle up...........moving at 54 mph...........wow, thats a fast moving storm

thankx for asking Kev

I think I am gonna put my silverado in the pole barn. The Lang can survive, she's a tank!

Probably a good idea to put the truck under some shelter. Don't want it looking like a golf ball.

Good to know WD, Buzz, came out ok, we lost our satt for a while but got real lucky tonight. Two different storms, first went north of us, the second went south, both by around ten miles.

Meant to say earlier ... Thanks for asking about us BA

Parkersburg .... real sad, 5 deaths. High school flattened, was there for our play off games in basketball not so long ago.

News just said 7 confirmed dead in Parkersburg, leveled the town.

Those were quite the storms. It started forming here in Dodge and kept getting stronger and stronger the farther east it went. Called my folks in Waverly around 6 last night. They said their rescue crews were on their way to the Parkersburg area. Got hit hard but didn't know how devestating it was till couple hours later. Showing pics on TV now that it is getting light out. Unbelievable. Our prayers go out to the people in that area.

Just caught that on my news page. Been thinking of all you folks in this are. Continue to hope you duck and dodge this deadly stuff
eek.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky