Storing meat after smike

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pg77

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jan 30, 2017
Staten Island
I am smoking some ribs and maybe a brisket for the first time this weekend. My party i Am going to starts at 4. When should I smoke the ribs and if I start early how do I store them so they keep the flavor?

Ribs smoked at 225 take about 6 hours. You can time it for the party wrap in foil and towels and place in a cooler to hold hot. Or smoke them ahead wrap and refrigerate. Take them to the party and reheat on a grill like many restaurants do. Brisket can be reheated in a covered pan with some beef broth in a 325 oven. Takes about an hour...JJ

Last edited:
Great, thx so much.
Any tips on the best type of wood to smoke the brisket? And the best rub or prep for a brisket? I've never smoked one before.

Pecan or hickory is good and I like Montreal Steak Seasoning...JJ

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky