SOS brisket update

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

binnesman

Meat Mopper
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
May 23, 2021
Well like I though the brisket was good but still not what I am looking for. Not bad for second try. Point could of used a bit more, flat was good maybe a hair over.
In the pictures you will see what the brisket looked like. The problem is the point was huge even after trim . I could have cut the big bump part but it would have taken a lot of the fat cap off. What do you all do in that case? Well darn it when I went to attach photos only two showed the others all white don’t know what happened. Here is two of the finished product.

Attachments

• 22709EA6-3346-4901-B528-C08D636DA5BA.jpeg
    22709EA6-3346-4901-B528-C08D636DA5BA.jpeg
    183.6 KB · Views: 53
  • 4ABE382D-8B96-4152-82B0-F1C5229945C3.jpeg
    4ABE382D-8B96-4152-82B0-F1C5229945C3.jpeg
    209.6 KB · Views: 54
Well like I though the brisket was good but still not what I am looking for. Not bad for second try. Point could of used a bit more, flat was good maybe a hair over.
In the pictures you will see what the brisket looked like. The problem is the point was huge even after trim . I could have cut the big bump part but it would have taken a lot of the fat cap off. What do you all do in that case? Well darn it when I went to attach photos only two showed the others all white don’t know what happened. Here is two of the finished product.

It's lookin good!

I would just microwave the point pretty hard when reheating it and that should soften it up. The Point is easy to deal with, the Flat is the problem. Glad your Flat came out tender.

You could also throw the point into the crock pot or in the oven with some BBQ sauce and braise it and it will be tender and ready to pull apart and eat in no time!

Tenderness testing is always the key. If in rare occasions like this the Flat is more tender than the Point, then turn the Point towards the heat and let it keep going until it probes tender along with the rest of the brisket.
The process still remains the same :)

Every brisket cook will teach you something and you will improve it :)

Reactions: ConrodM
Looks pretty darn good from my screen.

Point for sure
Chris

Looks good in the pics but you could always remove some fat between the point and flat if that end is too big.

Reactions: ConrodM
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky