SNS thighs and legs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Buckeye02

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
May 26, 2020
Ohio
Set the kettle up with the SNS. Dialed it in around 325° with some apple chunks for the smoke. Took them to 160° then over top of the SNS for some extra flavor with the char. Turned out great! Wife told me she didn't want me to cook anything else on the Pellet smoker. It's amazing the things you can learn from this forum!

Attachments

• 20210411_163213.jpg
    20210411_163213.jpg
    202.5 KB · Views: 23
  • 20210411_165648.jpg
    20210411_165648.jpg
    161.2 KB · Views: 23
  • 20210411_173106.jpg
    20210411_173106.jpg
    236.4 KB · Views: 22
Yea thats all it's done the last 3 days unfortunately!

Good looking chicken. You actually take dark meat higher. I go 185 and really tender.
Yea I normally take it to 175. Was thinking with having it over the coals searing it and with a small amount of carry over it should've at least hit 175? What do you think?

Set the kettle up with the SNS. Dialed it in around 325° with some apple chunks for the smoke. Took them to 160° then over top of the SNS for some extra flavor with the char. Turned out great! Wife told me she didn't want me to cook anything else on the Pellet smoker. It's amazing the things you can learn from this forum!
Sounds familiar. Last year I didn't feel like un-covering and firing up the offset just for one rack of ribs so I did them indirect in the Weber. The Mrs. said that's how she wants them from now on!
That chicken looks great!

Sounds familiar. Last year I didn't feel like un-covering and firing up the offset just for one rack of ribs so I did them indirect in the Weber. The Mrs. said that's how she wants them from now on!
That chicken looks great!
Thanks! Yea I'm gonna sell the pellet grill. I really have no use for it anymore and am kind of limited on space and it takes up a pretty good amount of room.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky