Snow @ The Bear Den!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Upper 40's here and Rain  I think for the next couple of days

Gary

Better you than me. 60 and sunny here in eastern wa. right now. Hope you get spring soon.
Hard to believe, since you're a few hundred miles North of us.

Bear

I'll just look at your pictures from the sunny Gulf Coast of Mississippi and think oh how pretty all that snow is.

Richard
Yes---It is definitely pretty!!!  But.................

Bear
LOL---I love it !!!
ROTF.gif

Bear

Bear, we usually get dumped on like that each year for the most part.... But this year, I think Ma Nature must have forgot about us !
biggrin.gif
So far I think we actually got about a foot less than last Winter. Only about 5 1/2' so far.

Bear
Bear,

Liked the irony in the air conditioning unit picture.
Yeah, I know, but that thing doubles as my Heat Pump in the Winter.

Bear
I have 4 smokers can't get to them because of the snow
I might start using mine again, before too long!!

Bear
That sure is pretty! I know that would get real old real quick.

My wife and I use to go skiing every year and after a week I was so ready to get back to hawaiii...
I can easily believe that.

I spent 54 weeks in beautiful Hawaii, and couldn't wait to get back to the mountains of Pennsylvania.

Bear

Looks alot like my area.

Snow piled up everywhere, but warm weather is coming.
LOL----It should look a lot like your area!!

Maxed out at 46° today----Highest temp for many weeks!!

Bear

Man I don't how you guys do it.  I suppose if you live there all your life you get use to it. It sure is pretty to look at but I just wouldn't want to have to clear sidewalks and drives on a regular basis.

Keep that stuff up there

Gary
LOL---Thanks Gary!!   I don't want to do it any more either!!

Bear

Looks like you have snow to share will all just like your "step by step".

You can send some to NC if it will help.

Spring is coming so keep the faith.

Larry
I can't send any to NC. My Sister moved to NC, after putting up with Rochester, NY snows, to get away from the snow.

Then they went to Boston to watch one of their Grandsons for 2 weeks, while her Son & his wife went to Jamaica. That was when the big snow storms hit Boston!!!!

Bear

It sure is pretty, I spend a lot of time in NC and that is as far north as I want to go, hard to beat these north florida winters
Can't say I blame you one bit !!

Bear

It doesn't know what it wants to do here. It has snowed a little every week but doesn't last long. Then this week we are going to get up close to 70° It kind of feels like I am in a snow globe and someone shakes it every few days.

Stay warm and happy smoken.

David 
Looks like we're supposed to hit 50° today------About time!!!

LOL----Arkansas Snow Globe!!!

Made me think of Cool Hand Luke-----"I'm shaking it Boss".

Bear

Had our biggest snow of the year last weekend....a grand total of 3" and 18 degs. This weekend it was 70 and glorious. Supposed to be in the 60's and 70's all week! :yahoo:

Last edited:

Rain, rain and more rain  here

Gary
Yup----We'll be getting our massive amounts of rain once it's too warm to snow.

Tomorrow we'll be getting the rain coming from East Texas.

Bear
Had our biggest snow of the year last weekend....a grand total of 3" and 18 degs. This weekend it was 70 and glorious. Supposed to be in the 60's and 70's all week!
yahoo.gif
Must be a lot of smoking going on down there!!

Bear

I have to say we've had a very pleasant winter thus far.  Most snow at any one time has been a little over a foot.  Went down south for a wedding and made a round robin of visiting family so took about two weeks.  Came back to find well over two feet of snow on the ground, but that has been melting off pretty good as we've been getting plenty of sunshine and temps in the 40's.

Supposed to get more snow this Friday but temps next week are supposed to get into the 50's with something we haven't seen since Oct/Nov.  Night time lows are supposed to be above freezing! 

Do you wear your slippers too?

We've had record highs here this week. 71 today, 70 yesterday, 70 the day before and the the day before that and the day before that!! Crazy weather!

Are chef's clogs considered slippers? Lol

The past five days have been cloudy and rainy here! Which is a good thing; hopefully my grass can start growing again so my cows have something to eat!!!

Sounds like an invasion by a bunch of fair weather folks!!!
biggrin.gif

The last 3 days we've been all the way up in the 40s----Even at night. (Low last night was 43°)

The 8' mountain of snow in front of my living room windows is down to about 6'.

Bear

Last edited:
Bear, you guys most likely curse the white stuff but I'm a guy who had to travel a couple of thousand kilometres just to see it for the first time and was impressed.

We have just experienced one of the hottest summers that I can recall and some of your white stuff would have been appreciated.

Thinking about it I suppose if we were in a place where all was perfect we would have departed this world so I'll put up with a little discomfort.

Cheers from Down Under

Bear, you guys most likely curse the white stuff but I'm a guy who had to travel a couple of thousand kilometres just to see it for the first time and was impressed.

We have just experienced one of the hottest summers that I can recall and some of your white stuff would have been appreciated.

Thinking about it I suppose if we were in a place where all was perfect we would have departed this world so I'll put up with a little discomfort.

Cheers from Down Under
Great Points!!!

Every place has some good & some not so good.

Tip for those traveling from Down Under------------Don't eat Yellow Snow!!!

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky