Smoking Related YouTube Videos Worth A Watch.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
PBS is reviving the old BBQ with Franklin series on their YT channel. They aired 10 years ago. Those vids had a huge impact. I watched them over and over. I watched that one you posted again yesterday.

I once watched a lot of YT vids. Today, I've narrowed down my YT to a few channels that I watch most every vid, Tuffy Stone, Chef Tom, Meat Church, Kosmo Q, and Malcolm Reed's How to BBQ Right.

Just yesterday, I went through my YT subscriptions and unsubbed from a bunch of them that I don't watch any more. There's a lot of charlatans out there any more.

Both Tuffy and Tom have formal culinary training and it shows. Tuffy's resume is hard to match. After the culinary training, he was highly successful in comps and opened his own successful restaurant. He's pretty much done it all. And his channel is aimed at helping the backyard guy. He's not trying to impress with elaborate recipes.

Chef Tom Jackson grew up in Wichita, Ks. He moved to Portland for culinary school. Got married and got a chance to return to Wichita to make vids for All Things Barbecue. He's got a huge library of several years of weekly vids. His role with ATBBQ is to help push product but I've learned a whole lot about barbecue and cooking from him. Some of his cooks are very elaborate and detailed, not something I would attempt, but sometimes I wonder how he can come up with a new recipe every week. I search his library more than watch his current vids.

Malcolm has been at this longer than anyone, he has 1.7 million subscribers. Huge library of cooks. I watch his vids and also listen to his weekly podcast with " Southern Chel " which is can be hilarious at times.

And Matt Pittman at Meat Church is well worth the time. Along with great seasoning he's got a lot of great cooks.

I also keep an eye on Kosmos Q , but don't always watch all of his vids. His older stuff is the best. He's located here in OKC and I've never bought anything from his store that did not taste great.

With 5.75 million subscribers you can't go wrong with The Korean Englishmen. They are usually food related. A new series started today where Josh takes a very high end Italian chef on a tour of Korea. It starts out with.

This is the #1 Korean BBQ in the World.​

Reactions: JLeonard
Mostly sausage related but still smoking (unless it's a fresh sausage).

Our own Cajuneric Cajuneric has his 2guysandacooler channel,.

Duncan Henry does an annual series called Marianski March on his channel where he does a sausage out of one of their books each day for the month of March (with permission from the Marianski bros.) as well as other good content.

The Bearded Butchers is also a good channel.

Mostly sausage related but still smoking (unless it's a fresh sausage).

Our own Cajuneric Cajuneric has his 2guysandacooler channel,.

Duncan Henry does an annual series called Marianski March on his channel where he does a sausage out of one of their books each day for the month of March (with permission from the Marianski bros.) as well as other good content.

The Bearded Butchers is also a good channel.

I look in on the Bearded Butchers every now and then. They're video on ribs is great. Both beef and pork. Its cool to see where the cuts come from.

Reactions: DougE
I look in on the Bearded Butchers every now and then. They're video on ribs is great. Both beef and pork. Its cool to see where the cuts come from.
Fairly sure I have seen every vid on their channel at least once.

They really are why I have Victorinox knives .......... good enough for pro butchers, than they should serve a piker like me well.

Reactions: Smokin Okie
Chuds BBQ is another fun watch. This guy does not take himself too seriously.

In his newest one he teaches BBQ in the UK.

I watched Chud when he first started his channel. He was good. I don't watch much of him any more.

He's run across the same problem all of the social media influencers hit, content becomes very difficult to create. Once they cover the basics thoroughly, they have to reach for new ideas to keep the ad money rolling in. And that's happening no matter the topic, gardening, fishing, whatever.

And to begin with, a lot of stuff Chud did was things they do in restaurants and not something I'd do in the backyard. Some of it was interesting, but not realistic for me with my cooking skills.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky