Smoking my 1st turkey

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
A+ for using the turkey carcass for stock. My wife uses the carcass to make turkey frame soup which is a misnomer since the soup has no turkey bones it. LOL. She adds egg noodles, carrots, celery, onion, canned diced tomotoes and turkey meat. You could probably add potatoes or anything else you want. We used our leftover turkey breast from Thanksgiving in a delicious turkey and broccoli casserole. You could even make turkey tetrazzini with the leftovers.

Taking up your wife's offer to buy you a new smoker for Christmas has my vote.
We used rice, but egg noodles would have been great too! Will find out how it tastes soon. I usually make quesadillas at some point. We still have some turkey left after making the soup so may be lunch tomorrow! Yeah, she was looking at a MES40. Honestly, I think I want a manual smoker (if I can get the MES30 running), just to have in my arsenal.

We used most everything we had left over from our Thanksgiving veggie trays in our turkey soup. Was darn good. The broccoli really went well in the soup by the by..

I'm thinking I'm going to be adding it to my future chicken soup!
Great idea! We have some and didn't add it, wish I read this ealier this morning when we started the soup.

Broccoli doesn't stick around very long at my house. The wife and I use it raw in salads, toss it stir frys, steam it in the Instant pot for 2 minutes, or just eat it raw dipped in some ranch dressing. It never occurred to me to use it soup. Thanks!
Same. I love broccoli raw more than cooked even. Put it on my salads and love eating it dipped in a little hummus or ranch.

I love it cooked, steamed, sauteed, warmed on your '72 Monte Carlo's engine block for all I care.

As a child I ate a large-ish amt of it raw, then developed a good case of the flu. Nothing to do with the innocent broccoli, just coincidence.

But..

Never again shall it pass my lips raw.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky