Smoked Swordfish

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Chris_in_SoCal

Master of the Pit
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Feb 18, 2012
SCV - So Cal
My wife went to Costco and brought home a nice slab of Swordfish.

2023_swordfish_001.jpg

I just lightly covered it in EVOO then sprinkled on some Kinders - Garlic & Herb. I placed it in the smoker with Bear Mountain Bourbon BBQ pellets.

2023_swordfish_002.jpg

I topped it off with a Multi grain fried rice and a slice of Walnut raisin bread. I'm not much of a fish guy but for my first time eating Swordfish it came out way better than expected.

2023_swordfish_003.jpg

That looks great, and your rice looks good also.

I love swordfish, I would say my most favorite fish. I find it is like a tender pork chop. Mona's Uncle when alive was a swordfish fisherman. And he would always get me a steak or two. I have never smoked it but love it on the grill seasoned and light lemon sauce over top .

Dame you Chris , now I have to get some at the store , after I go to the bank of coarse, lol

David

Oh yeah, I'd eat that! Looks wonderful. I really like fish but being from Kansas we don't get the fresh stuff other than farm raised cat fish.

Reactions: Chris_in_SoCal
Holy cow that looks good Chris!! I'd love to dive head first into a plate of that....but you best make about 3X that much when I show up :emoji_laughing: Very nice sir and that fish looks perfectly cooked. nice light and flavorful seasoning....I bet it was off the charts good.

Robert

It is not too often that the next day leftovers turn out better than the original meal but today was one of those days. I was going to make fish tacos but instead I decided to make a Swordfish wrap.

2023_swordfish_004.jpg

I reheated some of the fish in butter with the air fryer. Then sliced up Asian pear, cucumber, red jalapeno, avocado and green onion. Then I poured on a bit of cilantro lime sauce. OMG this was one of the best things I have eaten this year.

2023_swordfish_005.jpg

Man oh man 90 that’s the first time I’ve see. Swordfish smoked…..I’ve cooked a ton of it but it’s always been pan seared in butter, I might have to change that now!

It is so good I made another one earlier today. I have enough for two more and then I am going to be craving more of this. It is from Costco though so we might never see it again.

2023_swordfish_006.jpg

Reactions: 02ebz06
Looks great Chris. I've never tried swordfish but have seen it in our local grocer.

Point for sure
Chris

Looks great Chris. I've never tried swordfish but have seen it in our local grocer.

Point for sure
Chris

I would say right now if you have the ability to buy some do it now. I am not that big on fish. I do like tuna, Halibut and other white fish. I like to cook and eat fresh trout if I catch it myself but that is rare. I also love mahi mahi but it is hard to get outside Hawaii.

This one is better than all of the above. I will enjoy it until it is gone. Lucky for me my wife just bought two large Salmon fillets so she can have that for herself.

My wife went to Costco and brought home a nice slab of Swordfish.

View attachment 678350

I just lightly covered it in EVOO then sprinkled on some Kinders - Garlic & Herb. I placed it in the smoker with Bear Mountain Bourbon BBQ pellets.

View attachment 678351

I topped it off with a Multi grain fried rice and a slice of Walnut raisin bread. I'm not much of a fish guy but for my first time eating Swordfish it came out way better than expected.

View attachment 678352
Looks tasty. I've only blackened and slapped on the griddle.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky