Smoked Pork Steaks

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BrianGSDTexoma

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 1, 2018
North Texas, Texoma
Was watching Jeff's video and decided to give them a try. I also went ahead and purchased his recipes to show support for all his work. Seasoned the night before. Going back to the smoke tube with chips and pellets. Even the long low smoke just not getting that much smoke anymore. Maybe this hot weather has something to do with it? Ended up taking about 5 hours. They came up fast towards the end and they went a little over but they where still fairly tender but wow the smoke flavor was good! Tasted like they where done on the WSM. Had great color but my picture messed up of cut shot. Smoke tube not much of a hassle to use so I be using from now on. Used some pesto on the Caparese salad. Basil and Dill about the only thing that doing any good on the indoor hydro garden. I have that beef cheek in the Sous Vide.

20230719_113455.jpg 20230719_142915.jpg

20230719_164408.jpg 20230719_172118.jpg

20230719_145348.jpg 20230719_172324.jpg

Those look great Brian . Pellet grill does a good job on pork steaks .

My basil is going nuts too . If you take a cutting and put it in a cup of water it keeps good on the counter . Keeps the base plant under control .

My kind of meal. The money shot on those pork steaks is incredible! I've always loved a good pork steak.

Man those look good! Has been forever since I've done any. Thanks for the reminder on them.

Jim

The salad looks amazing! I love using veggies out of the garden. I just transferred all the plants out of the hydro garden into pots on the deck. Started up some greens and cilantro. Too hot outside for us to grow greens. The pork looks great too.

That's a fine plate of vittles Brian. Nicely done.

Point for sure
Chris

Wow Brian!! The color on that meat is nothing short of amazing. Absolutely beautiful my friend.

Robert

Those look great Brian . Pellet grill does a good job on pork steaks .

My basil is going nuts too . If you take a cutting and put it in a cup of water it keeps good on the counter . Keeps the base plant under control .
Thanks Rich. I wish the Thyme and couple others would of done better. Think the Basil takes the light away from them or they just dont do good in hydo.

The salad looks amazing! I love using veggies out of the garden. I just transferred all the plants out of the hydro garden into pots on the deck. Started up some greens and cilantro. Too hot outside for us to grow greens. The pork looks great too.
Thanks. I so hot here tried the indoor thing. This time of year everything dies off.

Reactions: JLeonard
Thanks. I so hot here tried the indoor thing. This time of year everything dies off.

Mines not doing good either . Last year it went crazy . Sometimes you need to prune it to spark it to grow .
My basil was going crazy but I must have neglected it. Looking shriveled and let too much flower. I'm going to prune the heck out of it and see what happens. My two types of thyme, rosemary and oregano are thriving still.

let too much flower.
From my experience that will do it .
Just need to keep it cut . You'll never use it all .
Hard to see , but there's a small leaf starting to grow on the left side of the big stalk .
That's where you should cut it . You can see where it was cut before . The big leaves on each side of the cut looked like the one that's just starting when I cut it .
20230722_100317.jpg
I've had these in this jar of water for a week . Still like they were fresh cut .
The one is starting to set roots .
Also have a bunch dried .
20230722_100457.jpg

Reactions: jcam222
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky