Smoked Pork chops, best way?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

fmcowboy

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jul 2, 2009
Trinity, Florida
I'd like to make my first smoked pork chops tonight. I have only doe roasts in the smoker so far. These are about 3/4 to 1 " thick chops cut from the whole loin I had bout some time ago. What's the best method? I was thinking of smoking with apple wood. If I just lay them on the rack and probe one, what temp are they done at? What temp should I smoke them at? How long will they take, about an hour?

thanks as I wasn't to do them for dinner tonight.

Pork should be done at around 175 degrees.

As for how long you should figure about 1.5 hr per pound @225 Degrees.

I don't think it would take an hour as thin as they are, but I have never done pork chops in a smoker just a grill.

Well they came out great!! Light smoke from the apple wood chips. Moist and I seasoned with some pork rub, but not real heavy. Sine loin chops are so lean I was worried about them drying out so here;s a tip.

The edges of the loin chops have some fat on them, so I cut off the think rounds of pork fat and then a scored it some and layed it on top of the chops. Helped keep them moist as it rendered. discard when done coooking. Took them off at 160 degrees and were wonderful. I am getting some mileage out of this smoker and getting into this habit!! thanks all.

plated q-view

FM

Congratulations, They sure look good...
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

I think if I were you I would do exactly the same way jeanie does things because her way always look really fabulous. I have done the whole bone in pork loin
Then this is out and posing for the camera before the foil and into the cooler.

This is the way to buy th pork chops. That way you can cut them as thick as you want to.

Looks good FM - I have been wanting to bring some chops but after looking at Jeanie's chops I now have a few things to think about.

Why you throwing away good pork fat?
icon_neutral.gif

Keep it and either take it to crispy-totaly rendered state and use in beans,or other dishes. OR, chop it up and put it in a salad!!!!!
Yeah,it's not too much fat, besides it's GOOD!!!!!
tongue.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky