Smoked Pork Belly Pizza w/Hot Honey

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Thomas The Tank

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Mar 24, 2018
Valparaiso, IN
I smoked a whole pork belly over Memorial Day weekend. I vacuumed and froze half of it in 2 1/4’s. Pulled one out earlier this week and decided to get creative. Made this pizza with some of the smoked belly, sweet Italian sausage, fresh shredded Mozz, thin sliced jalapeños and topped it off with fresh basil and hot honey. Let me tell you, it was amazing. Wife and I had to stop ourselves from finishing it off! Thanks for looking!
IMG_4323.jpeg
IMG_4324.jpeg
IMG_4326.jpeg
IMG_4325.jpeg
IMG_4327.jpeg
IMG_4328.jpeg
IMG_4330.jpeg

That looks KILLER, I love Sicilian style pizza. And that Rao's pizza sauce and their marinara is 100% legit, it tastes like someone's Noni made it. I buy it when I'm feeling lazy.

Looks amazing. Two things I now gotta try on pizza-pork belly and hot honey. I’m guessing ‘hot’ is temperature and not spicy?

Fantastic looking pizza Thomas, I'll take a slice or two.

Point for sure
Chris

Looks amazing. Two things I now gotta try on pizza-pork belly and hot honey. I’m guessing ‘hot’ is temperature and not spicy?
Actually is spicy honey. Just a cup of honey heated up with 2-3 tbsp red pepper flakes. Let sit for 15min or so to infuse. Add 1 tbsp of cider vinegar mix and strain out flakes.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky