Smoked dried beef sticks

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BrianP

Original poster
Jan 16, 2020
Starting a beef stick business. I have a bakery oven where I roll in the rack and cook it that way. I purchased a Bella cold smoke generator that I want to mount outside the oven. The cooking cycle is about 8 hrs. My question is when do I apply the smoke? Is it during the cooking process or after that during the drying period? Anyone has any experience with this or similar products?

I apologize but we are amateur smokers, not having anything to do with commercial businesses or enterprises. Consult yourState and Federal legislative sources for answers to specific rules and regulations.

Normally I go the first hour or so without smoke, so I get a Pellicle before the smoke gets there.
Then I put light to medium Smoke on the whole time I'm cooking them. In fact I usually start out with lower Temps, just so I have more time to put more smoke on.
However after that first hour of NO SMOKE, the rest is up to you how much smoke you want to put on, but if you use less than "Smoking the whole time", the earlier part is the time to add smoke.

Bear

Normally I go the first hour or so without smoke, so I get a Pellicle before the smoke gets there.
Then I put light to medium Smoke on the whole time I'm cooking them. In fact I usually start out with lower Temps, just so I have more time to put more smoke on.
However after that first hour of NO SMOKE, the rest is up to you how much smoke you want to put on, but if you use less than "Smoking the whole time", the earlier part is the time to add smoke.

Bear
Thanks, appreciate your input

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky