• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Smoked Chicken Sausage with QView

SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ringodad

Fire Starter
Jan 21, 2010
My experiment with cured smoked chicken sausage was a success! The dried bell peppers and tomatoes rehydrated perfectly and the sausage itself came out nice and savory and smoky! There was more shrinkage than I'd had before, with a more wrinkled end product but I figured I'd lose some fat having to cook the meat to 165 degrees.

Here's a view of the end product. You can see the wrinkling. My yield for 5.25 Lbs of Chicken/Fat was 6- 12 Oz. sausages:

Here's a cut view. The green and red bits are the peppers and the tomatoes. I added some Paprika and Cayenne for color and zip. It really tastes good.

rbranstner

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Oct 18, 2007
Oh all of those peppers and stuff sound great! Good Job.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

rdknb

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jan 23, 2010
look good and I bet tasted even better

grogger27

Smoke Blower
Mar 7, 2008
Looks delicious. What's your recipe? My wife wants me to start trying more healthy choices with sausage making.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

mballi3011

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Mar 12, 2009
Yes it looks great there Ringo. I do like the peppers for a kick too.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

ringodad

Fire Starter
Jan 21, 2010
I did, but I think I just couldn't get the chicken packed tightly enough in the casings with my grinder. I really need a stuffer!

werdwolf

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
May 24, 2008
Looks good.

I second the recipe request.

Are you using it like a summer sausage?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Top Bottom
Clicky