Smoked Center Cut Pork Loin Roast

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

masondixon

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Had the day off work with no real commitments and was still jonesing for some more Q after this weekends smokefests. Worried the wife wouldn't want yet another meal from the smoker I approached cautiously. "Hey hon you want me take care of dinner tonight?" Sure was the reply so I probed further. "What you feeling?" Whatever you want. "I've got time I could smoke something" That works. Game on.

Wasn't feel anything to involved so I grabbed a 5# Center Cut Pork Loin. Seasoned with my favorite rub I use on pork roasts. Warmed up my Cajun Injector Electric to 225. Threw it on
and will be smoking with apple chips. Plan to cook to 140 then pull.

Peeked at 1pm. IT was at 110. Looking good!

Pulled the roast off at 3:30pm, IT was 145. Fixed up some corn and veggies on the grill to round out the plate.
Fresh out of the smoker
First Slice
Dinner is served

Takeaways: Pork was super moist, some of the meat close to the bone was a little rare. Next time will take the IT to 150. Less smokey flavor in the electric then my COS. Will use more chips next time, or just invest in the A-Maze-N tray.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky