Smoked black and blue berry and pineapple cobbler

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Chris_in_SoCal

Master of the Pit
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Feb 18, 2012
SCV - So Cal
I was watching videos on making a cobbler and took the best parts of a few that I liked and combined the recipes and techniques into one that would hopefully work.

I started with the crumble.

1 1/2 cups sugar
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt

I mixed them up then scrambled two eggs in a bowl then mixed them in.

2023cobbler_001.jpg

I put blackberries and blueberries on the bottom of a dish then added the crumble on the top. Then I remembered I had just cut up a fresh pineapple so I added in chunks of it as well. After that I melted a whole stick of butter and poured it on top.

2023cobbler_002.jpg

I placed it in the smoker at 350* until it got to an internal temperature of 205*. After 20 minutes I sprinkled brown sugar on top.

2023cobbler_003.jpg

I pulled it out and gave it a rest for 15 minutes.

2023cobbler_004.jpg

It went so well with Blue Bunny Vanilla Bean Ice cream. Yes it turned out better than I could have hoped.

2023cobbler_005.jpg

Thanks all, I will definitely make it again. It was easy to do and tasted great. It's half gone.

I was talking to my wife saying we need to get some peaches so I can make another apple/peach cobbler. She replied why not make one with apples and blueberries since we have them in the kitchen.

That should work. I used a Granny Smith and a Gala along with a bunch of perfectly sweet blueberries. This time I doubled the crumble which was a bit too much. Somewhere between the two would be perfect. I used the air fryer oven instead of the smoker. It still turned out pretty yummy.

2023cobbler_104.jpg

Reactions: 02ebz06
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky