Smoke Box Question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokin'k

Original poster
Jun 25, 2008
Long Island
Hello- I've just purchased a MES 30" and have a question about the smoke box. Does the flexable bottom metal flap go BELOW or right above the heating element? It seems to go in either way and the diagram in the manual leaves much to be desired. Also, the manual says to soak the wood chips for 30 minutes, but I see most out here put them in dry. Any comments? Thanks very much for any input you can give.

welcome to the site K. Everyone here loves to know a little about our newbies. It would be great if you could go over to the "roll call " forum and tell us a bit about yourself, and what ya use to smoke your food. Kida like puttin on a nametag when ya get to the family reunion!
icon_smile.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky