SMF Premier Membership

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
We are now offering SMF Premier Memberships for those who have asked for this! As always, the forum is absolutely FREE and there is no requirement or expectation, but when you "chip in" it is greatly appreciated.

This forum comes at a cost and we try to offset this with ads and some affiliate links. The premier memberships help to defray the remaining amount.

With a premier membership, you are not only supporting this forum but there are PERKS involved too.
  • You get to turn off the Ads
  • You can post a link to your website, facebook, etc. in your signature area
  • You get a badge on your profile letting everyone know that you "chipped in".
  • Notification emails contain the full text
More than anything else, you will have the satisfaction of knowing that you are supporting the forum that you love.

Once you get to the "account upgrade" area, you'll see the following (6) options:
  1. Almost Free 7-Day Pass $0.01 (the system won't let me make it free so it's 1 cent)
  2. 1 month membership for $1.99*
  3. 1 year membership for $15*
  4. 2 year membership for $25*
  5. 3 year membership for $40*
  6. Lifetime membership for $100
*The monthly and annual membership types are automatically set up as recurring however, all future payments can easily be canceled just as soon as you purchase. I am always happy to do this for you from my end if you need help with it.

Choose the one that you like and click on the "Purchase" button to go to Paypal where you can use your Paypal account or a credit/debit card (no paypal account or login required) to purchase your account upgrade.

Upgrade Your Membership Now

Once your payment goes through, a badge will appear below your username on every post that says "Premier Member".

Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Last edited:
Uep you are right,
Mr. Jeff had dealt with it very quickly (within the days time as I recall) and is non issue with me as I can see my account and anniversary date now.
It seems I fell through the cracks of a hosting site, or whomever the real culprit was.

Truly sorry and thank you for letting me know.. I have corrected this for you.

No one is tossed aside here.. I just make mistakes sometimes but always happy to make it right and apologize.:)
Having been on forums and invited to Admin and Global Moderate on one for years on end, in the hot rod world, I can fully appreciate your efforts. Not to mention the intellectual rights openly shared here is second to NONE! You have guys who are huge resources in the hot rod world with their personal experience and expertise that would ‘selectively’ share their experience or actively give you inaccurate data because you support so and so vendor over their preferred vendor. Truly 6th grade school grounds kind of childish sh!t! Infuriating for anyone trying to provide the open platform for an internet playground for a group of enthusiasts. People who share some commonality for a discourse yet still want some friendly competition from time to time! But hot rodders are a ruthless group. Old and Young didn’t matter.

I have gained exponentially by reading here. It has taken a couple years to finally create a profile and within no time I found I was reading more and more and tagging or following threads to refer back to them later!

I have lifetime paid memberships on several forums and got very little besides a playground in personal benefit from that cost. Which by the way was significantly more on a Jeep forum and I owned a Chevy. I paid just to be the fun antagonistic sibling. I ended up spending more time there than the board created specifically for my rig. HAHAHAHA... Hence me mentioning my hot rod screnname ‘freemaSSon’ in my FNG intro thread. ‘freemaSSon’ has been around for the better part of 15 years in those circles.

All that said to say, what you may or may not be making off this forum, is inconsequential to the huge undertaking it is to keep all this operating. I was user #39 on a board with 15,000 or so users the last I looked. It’s a giant task to keep up with and pay to operate and maintain. Nearly always done by personal expense and time! For all these reasons there is only one way for me, ALL IN!

Here’s to many more years for SMF and all us smoke junkies, cheers!

SALUTES, Jeff and everyone who has marched with you and still marches with you along the SMF journey!

Pat

Last edited:
Pat, Glad to see you around and appreciate the support and kind words! The site has certainly grown and continues to do so and this is because of all the great members that we have who understand the value of just being "so darn nice that people can't help by like ya":)

Sounds like you'll fit in real good!

Reactions: Traeger.Rage.BBQ
A little late to the Premier party but love the site. Learned almost everything I've needed to know from this site. Glad to help support such a fantastic source of information.

Reactions: TulsaJeff
I figure this site has saved me way more money than the price of a subscription just in meat that didn't get ruined. The people here are more than willing to spoon feed noobies time and again. I know I appreciate it.

I figure this site has saved me way more money than the price of a subscription just in meat that didn't get ruined. The people here are more than willing to spoon feed noobies time and again. I know I appreciate it.

I was the same way. Learned everything from here. Now I am helping others learn.

Reactions: TulsaJeff
I really appreciate how well everyone supports this forum.. I am careful to never forget that this forum is only as good as it's members and we have the very best!:)

Howdy y'all. New here but an old timer at meats and smoking. Had a brick and mortar store and did real well with it and an Old Hickory Pits large unit. Picked the right place and menu but the spouse disagreed after 3 years in business. Coming back finally but mobile only. Looking forward to reading these pages. Thx for the add.

Good stuff. I think I was a member. I can't recall. But appreciate the GREAT value here over many years. (I think I found in the summer of 2007 trying to learn to make decent BBQ. ) The folks I met via the site helped me through. Thank you.

We are now offering SMF Premier Memberships for those who have asked for this! As always, the forum is absolutely FREE and there is no requirement or expectation, but when you "chip in" it is greatly appreciated.

This forum comes at a cost and we try to offset this with ads and some affiliate links. The premier memberships help to defray the remaining amount.

With a premier membership, you are not only supporting this forum but there are PERKS involved too.
  • You get to turn off the Ads
  • You can post a link to your website, facebook, etc. in your signature area
  • You get a badge on your profile letting everyone know that you "chipped in".
  • Notification emails contain the full text
More than anything else, you will have the satisfaction of knowing that you are supporting the forum that you love.

Once you get to the "account upgrade" area, you'll see the following (4) options:
  1. 1 year membership for $15
  2. 2 year membership for $25
  3. 3 year membership for $40
  4. Lifetime membership for $100
Choose the one that you like and click on the "Purchase" button to go to Paypal where you can use your Paypal account or a credit/debit card (no paypal account or login required) to purchase your account upgrade.

Upgrade Your Membership Now

Once your payment goes through, a badge will appear below your username on every post that says "Premier Member".

Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Hi All,
Remember me? I haven’t posted in a while because I have been caring for my wife. After 32 years together she passed on August 3ed after a 3 year battle with cancer.
I have yet to pull myself together and move on. The missing her never seems to end but accepting it gets easier every day and I should be back smoking up a storm soon.
I did a Cajun turkey for thanksgiving on my Holland grill using the 12” A-Maz-N Pellit smoker after a 24 hour brine, Followed by a garlic butter injection and Cajun rub. It didn’t get as much smoke as I would have liked, but it was very juicy very tender and tasty, sorry no pictures.

Reactions: tallbm
Hi All,
Remember me? I haven’t posted in a while because I have been caring for my wife. After 32 years together she passed on August 3ed after a 3 year battle with cancer.
I have yet to pull myself together and move on. The missing her never seems to end but accepting it gets easier every day and I should be back smoking up a storm soon.
I did a Cajun turkey for thanksgiving on my Holland grill using the 12” A-Maz-N Pellit smoker after a 24 hour brine, Followed by a garlic butter injection and Cajun rub. It didn’t get as much smoke as I would have liked, but it was very juicy very tender and tasty, sorry no pictures.

Randy,

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky