Scored sorta/kinda

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

phathead69

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Dec 23, 2016
TN
Neighbor has 150 wooded acres beside me. We had real bad storm last memorial day and took out trees every where. Talking to him he said if it's down or broke I can have it so my first haul was two shag bark hickory. Cut them in 7 foot sections and hauled them out.
20180328_164638.jpg
Weird thing is one that was elevated yielded 5% smoke wood, rest rotted so fire pit wood bound.
20180328_160959.jpg
The one on the ground yield 70% usable smoke wood rest for fire pit.

They are nice people. I figured it was a good trade for sure. Found a slick bark with top broke out he said I could have plus enough oak that will keep the fire pit going for several years. Just have to get at it before rot sets up . Neat/Good thing is most of it is right on the 4 wheeler trails they have.

They are nice people. I figured it was a good trade for sure. Found a slick bark with top broke out he said I could have plus enough oak that will keep the fire pit going for several years. Just have to get at it before rot sets up . Neat/Good thing is most of it is right on the 4 wheeler trails they have.

That's good for access. Tread lightly, like a good neighbor.
Great score for you! ;)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky