Sausage Making Common Ingredient Volume to Gram Converter....

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

diggingdogfarm

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Jun 23, 2011
Southern Tier of New York State
Because of the potential for countless variables, all weights are approximate. This is a general reference.
Enter the number of teaspoons and/or tablespoons, then press ENTER. Examples: 0,25, 0.50, 1.00, 1.50, 2.00, etc. etc. etc.
Note: Teaspoons and tablespoons are added together in the calculator, so, if you entered something like 1 teaspoon and 1 tablespoon (which equals 4 teaspoons total), that's exactly what is converted.
If you notice any numbers that seem to you to be WAY out of whack, please let me know.
Any and all feedback is welcome.

Screenshot with the converter set at 1 teaspoon:

Ingredient Converter in LibreOffice/OpenOffice Calc (.ods) format (Recommended)

Ingredient Converter in Microsoft Excel (.xls) format.

Have fun!

~Martin

This looks really helpful- will save lots of time googling.

Martin- do you have a new link for this?

or does anyone else have it, maybe as a google doc?

Yep, links are dead.  However just using the known volume of 1 tsp and the values shown in the image, the entire table with formulas can be re-created.  Should not be hard, and there might be a few others I would add.   If Martin does not re-post the originals, I might get around to making a new version over the holidays.

Martin, I would suggest posting the file directly to the forum using the "insert attachment" button (looks like a paperclip). It was not available back when this thread was started, but once inserted directly into the thread, it should stay there without needing an external web server to host it.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky