Royal oak charcoal

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

JAEBR29

Fire Starter
Original poster
Feb 22, 2019
Pardon my naivety. From reading forums, I've gathered the Royal oak ridges is the charcoal I want to get. I was planning on making a trip to Lowe's and while there get some charcoal. However looking at what they have online, it appears they stock Royal oak classic. Is this different?

My favorite has always been The Original Kingsford charcoal briquettes. Tried many but always come back to the Original Kingsford but that's just my preference.

Nice work for a measuring cup full of coals. I'm a hard head and stubborn. LOL!! Gonna buy a sack of RO and try it real world and see what it does. Hell, I may change brands. Ya never know. Thanks for sharing the info.

Nice work for a measuring cup full of coals. I'm a hard head and stubborn. LOL!! Gonna buy a sack of RO and try it real world and see what it does. Hell, I may change brands. Ya never know. Thanks for sharing the info.
If you give it a try, the only change you need to make is to start with a lot less hot coals than KBB if shooting for low n slow.

Reactions: Hawging It
Great! Thank you!
I was wondering if and hoping that was the case. I couldn't find ANYTHING about the classic.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky